So who's on Al Golden's list?

Advertisement
Just speculation.

Holton, Cornelius, Ray Ray, Mcgee, Jeremy Lewis, 2 Johnsons,

probably some lesser knowns.

Holton, Ben Jones, Billy Sanders, Cory White, Davon Johnson, Payne, Hall, Wells, Lewis...my guesses

Advertisement
There is not a bigger fan of trimming dead weight and marginal talent from the team than me. However AG has to tread carefully as to not upset some of the same high school coaches he's trying to build relationships with by cutting a former player of their's.

IMO the staff really needs to go out of their way to find new places for these kids and do everything possible to allow them a chance to succeed elsewhere.

Advertisement
Was Davon Johnson hurt this year? Didn't he play well in limited time a year or 2 ago? When he first came I remember being excited about him but I can't remember if that was from Spring ball or if it was from actual game time playing of his...wonder what happened?

Was Davon Johnson hurt this year? Didn't he play well in limited time a year or 2 ago? When he first came I remember being excited about him but I can't remember if that was from Spring ball or if it was from actual game time playing of his...wonder what happened?

Injuries... he did contribute on special teams this year... He was a good tackler... The kid had potential but was always hurt...

There is not a bigger fan of trimming dead weight and marginal talent from the team than me. However AG has to tread carefully as to not upset some of the same high school coaches he's trying to build relationships with by cutting a former player of their's.

IMO the staff really needs to go out of their way to find new places for these kids and do everything possible to allow them a chance to succeed elsewhere.
Good post. I'm sure Al will make sure kids find a place to play or at least graduate before they start kicking people out

Advertisement
Just speculation.

Holton, Cornelius, Ray Ray, Mcgee, Jeremy Lewis, 2 Johnsons,

probably some lesser knowns.

I think a number of them are already public, i.e. the "surprises" declaring early for the draft. Holton is a good special team player and a positive influence, so he is not going, and Lewis supposedly has a future as a DT.

Also, remember that the list is likely for ATTITUDE, not performance. Its to get rid of the entitlement kids.

I do agree with this. Maybe make some phone calls to other schools about players that might fit a system elsewhere.

Advertisement
Sanders and White are still here. plein is not.
Cory White was expected to play a big role at blocking TE before he injured his knee so I think stays.
Sanders, I dunno.

Agree with Vinn. While I think a lot of those guys are deadweight but we gotta keep some of them and find roles for them otherwise we're gonna have dudes playing on both sides of the ball and looking like the Texas State Fighting Armadillos out there.

He made a couple of good catches against UVa during his freshman year and that's all I recall out of him.

Advertisement
Back