So We Know Coley Plans On Keeping A Similar Offense

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
with a vertical passing game to maximize our speed advantage on the outside, as well as maintaining a lot of Fisch's terminology. With what we have coming back on offense, it should be top 25 in the nation.

So that leaves Dorito. The fate of our season lies on his Nacho Cheese flavored shoulders. But what is Dorito's plan, how is he going to rectify the train wreck he trotted on to the field last year?

With this offense and schedule, I really think he only has to crack the 40 for us to win our division and 10 games. The secondary is going to be remarkably better. Will he trust them in more man coverage situations and start bringing pressure to help a less than impressive DL? Or will we continue with the bend don't break style, hoping the offense ***** themselves in the redzone and either turns it over or settles for a FG?

The season hinges on his unit (hehuehu). He better figure something out, because even though he's Golden's right hand man, he needs to produce.

Advertisement
That's what I was going to ask. When they were up and running at Temple, and they had all their guys on the roster, what did he run? I guess we're going to see the same thing, with him hoping our talent level going up is what makes the difference?

This is the one man that controls the fate of the season.

He only needs to crack the top 75 for Miami to win 10 games and a division title.

One of the worst defenses in the country and Miami was 8 points away from 9 wins.

Miami also had some of the best luck ratios in terms of turnovers....Going to need the offense to get better running the ball and the D will have to improve into the the top 50 percentile imo.....

Advertisement
a vertical passing game to maximize our speed advantage on the outside,

No disrespect, but what speed advantage? Dorsett definitely has wheels, but we´re nowhere near what we used to be. Scott, Lewis, Hurns, Waters, Jones, Carter, Lockhart (ACL); while there is obviously some talent there, none of those guys gives us a speed advantage. Maybe Coley can bring a threat, but IMO we are overrating our WRs, at least in the speed department.

He only needs to crack the top 75 for Miami to win 10 games and a division title.

One of the worst defenses in the country and Miami was 8 points away from 9 wins.

You can also say we could have lost the GT game.

I think both golden and dorito believe in the bend dont break. I dont know if thats what they ran throughout their time at temple but I hope they adjust cause it really is a bull**** philosophy that wears on your defensive unit from all the yards they give up in hopes the other team coughs up the ball or misses a field goal etc.

I think D will have more confidence this year in the players to be able to do more complex things instead of playing it safe with them.

Advertisement
The defense at Temple wasn't so much bend don't break. He did have an elite pass defense. The Temple defenses were avg at stopping the run in terms of totals but that may have been because it was so hard to pass on them. If he can get the pass defense performing at a high level, including the pass rush then I think we will be fine. I hated watching us get burned last season but we did hit people and force fumbles. I liked the physicality of our defense. I am still optimistic that this defense is capable of making huge leaps forward as the players mature mentally and physically.

with a vertical passing game to maximize our speed advantage on the outside, as well as maintaining a lot of Fisch's terminology. With what we have coming back on offense, it should be top 25 in the nation.

So that leaves Dorito. The fate of our season lies on his Nacho Cheese flavored shoulders. But what is Dorito's plan, how is he going to rectify the train wreck he trotted on to the field last year?

With this offense and schedule, I really think he only has to crack the 40 for us to win our division and 10 games. The secondary is going to be remarkably better. Will he trust them in more man coverage situations and start bringing pressure to help a less than impressive DL? Or will we continue with the bend don't break style, hoping the offense ****s themselves in the redzone and either turns it over or settles for a FG?

The season hinges on his unit (hehuehu). He better figure something out, because even though he's Golden's right hand man, he needs to produce.

I know we're all sickened by the defense's performance last year, but we have to keep in mind there were what. . . 21? players playing D1 football for the first time. Basically a high school team. You can't implement a whole lot when you are counting on guys who are trying to manage college academics, adjust to the physicality of D1 football and digest a D1 playbook at the same time.

I think it would be a safe bet that Coach D'Nofrio game planned with half a playbook and still has not installed his entire playbook yet. How easy it was for opposing offenses to predict a play call based on down and distance...and for teams like kstate, nd, and fsu to just start bullying the freshmen because they were not physically ready. Under normal circumstances, all of the freshmen would have red shirted to develop mentally and physically. Under ideal circumstances, the c/o 2012 would be still waiting.

Coach D gets a pass from me for last year. I expect SOME improvement this year, but I do not expect this defense to be dominant. I expect JColey to protect this defense by being more judicious with the running game.

No disrespect, but what speed advantage? Dorsett definitely has wheels, but we´re nowhere near what we used to be. Scott, Lewis, Hurns, Waters, Jones, Carter, Lockhart (ACL); while there is obviously some talent there, none of those guys gives us a speed advantage. Maybe Coley can bring a threat, but IMO we are overrating our WRs, at least in the speed department.

Idk about that. I remember Waters making a few guys look like they were playing in slow motion. We don't have a burner like TB was but we're hardly lacking speed.

Rashawn Scott and Lockhart both are 4.4 guys, believe Coley is as well, Waters has wheels as well, a slight notch below those guys, and remember they are only going to get stronger and faster, so we do have guys with speed. Lewis, Hurns, Jones and Carter are you're intermediate route guys. And from what I was told, there is a lot of buzz about Jones, one to definitely keep an eye out going into the season.

Advertisement

Lewis ran a 4.38 in high school and had he not dilocated his ankle he would have been one of our top wide receivers last year. Everyone rags on Waters but if I'm correct he is the one that bombed USF's secondary and out ran an entire Duke Defense. Granted not great teams but they have speed. Also we have this new freshman wide recever named STACY COLEY, KIND OF THE BEST RECEIVER IN FLORIDA. He also runs in the low forty's so Thats four receivers with "Break Away Speed".

Advertisement

Aside from seein some of the same soft coverage I'm not sure what you're getting at. Temple doesn't have the best players and while Northern Illinois is far from a juggernaut the program did make it to a BCS bowl game this season. I'm sure there are some games from 2010 where Temple played well that we could watch and come away feeling impressed with the play of the defense.

We got plenty of speed at WR. If they master their route running, it's enough speed to see defenders trying to catch up as the run to the endzone.

And coach D is not the only person responsible for what we run on defense. Pretty sure he has meeting with Golden and the other defensive assistants all week and they come up with a gameplan and whatnot.

Golden has already commented on all of this lastyear. He knew what they had on defense and the did the best they could. It's also why we ran up tempo on offense so we could try and outscore the oponents.

Golden has his hands all over the defense so using Coach D as the scapegoat isn't right. But I guess the nickname Dorito is just too hard to not use?

Lewis ran a 4.38 in high school and had he not dilocated his ankle he would have been one of our top wide receivers last year. Everyone rags on Waters but if I'm correct he is the one that bombed USF's secondary and out ran an entire Duke Defense. Granted not great teams but they have speed. Also we have this new freshman wide recever named STACY COLEY, KIND OF THE BEST RECEIVER IN FLORIDA. He also runs in the low forty's so Thats four receivers with "Break Away Speed".

Who on the team has Travis Benjamin type speed?

CANE, I feel what you're saying to a point. But, take the FSU game. We actually went out there and played attack defense the first half of the game, and then once we had a few turnovers on offense, the bend but don't break came back out. I thought we looked suprisingly physical in that 1st half of that game, more than any other gane this year. **** the freakin' Dukies put a half a hunnit on us! D'Oh doesn't get a pass from me, although I know he was working with a young group, they proved at times that some pressure is a good thing.

Advertisement
Back