So of the current DE's on the roster, who fits the viper position?

Advertisement
Advertisement
All of them. Yall get hyped up over these names the staff throw out there. Viper is just a DE. He may drop back into zone at times. Joe jackson played the viper for the last 3 years and he hardly ever dropped back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All programs come up with exotic names for positions that have already been established..called sub packages..as for the “viper” or the odd rusher, I’d imagine you’d want someone who can bend the edge and drop back and play in space if need be..look at a kid like Greg, Hill,..sleeper is Phillips, if that kid is dedicated to his craft he is arguably the most talented kid on the roster..a name that I think gets lost in the shuffle is Amari carter, kids a excellent blitzer and can play in space..if I understand the position correctly viper=5th versatile rusher, if so I like carter too..https://youtu.be/WQPkWpwoo1w..I’d imagine this is the role

Wait, is "viper" just the weak side DE? Usually it's odd front defenses that use the hybrid DE/OLB with a silly name.

Advertisement
Viper, striker, lazer, blazer, it doesn't matter, Canes by 40
ben-stiller-dodgeball.jpg

All of them. Yall get hyped up over these names the staff throw out there. Viper is just a DE. He may drop back into zone at times. Joe jackson played the viper for the last 3 years and he hardly ever dropped back.
That's probably how he got the pick 6 against UNC.

Advertisement
Back