So it comes down to this.

Miami04

Senior
Basically lose a game before the ACC tourney and we are done.

Up 4-0 on UVA in the 4th. First game of a double header.

Advertisement
Most frustrating part of miami baseball this year. Go up 4-0 top of the 2nd then immediately give up 2 in the bottom of the 2nd

Lol. We back. 5 - 4 UVA in the bottom of the 2nd. Bases still loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
A series win should count just as much as a sweep.

That said, are we really fin?

I would think 6th in the ACC isn't a death knell?

Aren't we a good draw and name money wise? And perfect cannon fodder for UF at their Regional.

Would a series win tomorrow, win out, then go to ACC CG help?

Is winning the tourney an auto bid? (Just asking, we are out of the ACC Tourney after game one. )

Our RPI is 59. 2-3 teams get at-large bids each year (usually) with RPIs in the 50s. If we win the series, sweep VPI and beat FGCU (and don't flame out in the tourney), we're in easily. Our RPI would be in the 40s or higher at that point. I hate to use this line, but we're Miami. Trust me in college baseball, that means something. With our name, we'd be in. Do we deserve it? **** no. But, the committee would put us in. We could probably even do a little worse than what I listed above and get in.

Now, that doesn't really matter, because we're not doing that, so it's all a moot point.

Advertisement
So if everything plays out perfectly, we have an outside shot of going to Gainesville as a 3 seed and getting spanked like a naughty girl. Great.

So if everything plays out perfectly, we have an outside shot of going to Gainesville as a 3 seed and getting spanked like a naughty girl. Great.

Yes, but sadly that would be a huge W for us this year. We can be mad about underachieving after we save The Streak as far as I'm concerned.

Which won't happen, by the way. It's over.

If somebody could argue that this was some kind of rebuilding season, and that there was young talent in the program to look forward to, I would find this disgraceful season more acceptable.

There is no young talent to look forward to. The program is in bad shape.

Advertisement
It's over. We need young, fresh, energetic blood. Fire Jim Morris, or force him to retire Bobby Bowden style.

Advertisement
Usually I stop by the Light for a bit after the 5th inning because it's free.

Should I boicot tonight's game in protest?

Usually I stop by the Light for a bit after the 5th inning because it's free.

Should I boicot tonight's game in protest?

That's still too expensive for the product we're currently putting on the field.

Advertisement
Back