So it all comes down to nc st

Miami04

Senior
We win that game and we should put ourselves in position to win 4 or 5 in a row. We would just be playing for a better seed. Lose that game and we are 0-2 against the other bubble team and I think we would have to make the acc finals.

Advertisement
We win that game and we should put ourselves in position to win 4 or 5 in a row. We would just be playing for a better seed. Lose that game and we are 0-2 against the other bubble team and I think we would have to make the acc finals.

If we beat NC State and BC, I think we are a lock. Winning without Reggie tonight made more valuable, plus the way we won was huge. If we lose to NC State, we have to beat BC and then win at least two in the ACC tourney IMO.

dont forget we still have a shot to get an acc bye.......we need to win out

I do not want the bye. Not at all. With the bye you can go 1 and out too easy. As the 5 seed we would get gt or bc. Makes it easier to win an acc tourney game.

Advertisement

I do not want the bye. Not at all. With the bye you can go 1 and out too easy. As the 5 seed we would get gt or bc. Makes it easier to win an acc tourney game.

Yeah, but if we have a bye, I think we are already a lock.
exactly

and and 1 and done wont look as bad.......but a win as a 4 seed against a 5 seed uva would carry more weight than beating bc or gt and then losing to a 4th seed uva

We close with wins at ncst and home v. BC, we in the tourney. We lose 1, we have Knockout i
either duke or unc and make the acc finals. We collapse with 2 lossess we have to show out and take the acc tourney

It comes down to this peeps

The only way we can assure ourselves lock status is to beat ncst, bc, and uva in a row. Then we are a lock. Anything else and we hold our breath on selection sunday.

Has anyone considered the thought Miami could be pro-active by self imposing a post season band?

Ill hang up and Lissen.

Advertisement

this

but again, NC ST is a must win IMO. have to come out with the same fire and its going to be very tough to beat them at whats always a loud place. that ones going to be sold out also, and not having reggie didnt matter tonight, but in the long haul it could hurt. NC ST is a must win.

Advertisement
NCS has lost 4 in a row and will be desperate to save their season by beating us (and VTech) to end the season at 20-11/9-7. It would be very hard for us to get an at-large bid if we have an identical record to them and they've beaten us twice. It's going to be a very hostile environment and we'll need Big Reg. Don't think we have a realistic shot without him.

Losing doesn't end our season, but it would cause us to have to reach the ACC semis and show out well to still be considered. But if we win there and then take care of BC, we're a lock regardless of ACCT results.
agreed 100%

Advertisement

this

but again, NC ST is a must win IMO. have to come out with the same fire and its going to be very tough to beat them at whats always a loud place. that ones going to be sold out also, and not having reggie didnt matter tonight, but in the long haul it could hurt. NC ST is a must win.

I don't care about already being a lock. I want a better seed in the big dance. To get that better seed we need to win more games. So being the 5 seed in the acc would be better for us to get to 20 wins.

this

I don't care about already being a lock. I want a better seed in the big dance. To get that better seed we need to win more games. So being the 5 seed in the acc would be better for us to get to 20 wins.
i disagree

being the 5 seed in the acc carries the possibility for an upset........that upset does nothing but hurt

being the 4 in the acc and having a bye,.......then losing wont do as much damage.....but winning a game as the 4 seed will carry more weight than beating some ******** team as the 5 seed

we want the 4 seed in the acc

Advertisement
Back