Six Pack of Hurricane Notes by BRry Jackson

Advertisement
Baker's comment about not being sure if he'll call the plays is.... odd.

What’s “odd” about this:

As far as calling the defense during games, Baker says he believes Diaz will leave that to him.

“I think he’ll stay hands off,” Baker said. “But at the same time that’s what he does and we’ll welcome it with open arms. One, he’s the head coach, and two, he’s a great defensive mind. He taught me everything I know. But from a head coach standpoint he’ll want to stay out of it, stay neutral. He’s a great asset.”

Advertisement
What’s “odd” about this:

As far as calling the defense during games, Baker says he believes Diaz will leave that to him.

“I think he’ll stay hands off,” Baker said. “But at the same time that’s what he does and we’ll welcome it with open arms. One, he’s the head coach, and two, he’s a great defensive mind. He taught me everything I know. But from a head coach standpoint he’ll want to stay out of it, stay neutral. He’s a great asset.”

I think either Barry Jackson left out the full context of the quote in order to spice up the article or Baker poorly stated that he would call plays but Manny will help out if he asked.

Advertisement
Coach L .... That's fitting. L7 weenie.
tenor.gif

stir.gif

What’s “odd” about this:

He's the defensive co-ordinator and he only thinks the HC will stay hands off? Seems odd.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well that is odd. Blades stood out to our DC, but arm chair QB's on this site dogged him just last week. Glad that Baker saw on film what I saw. A kid that can be special here.

What happened to Doherty?

Well that is odd. Blades stood out to our DC, but arm chair QB's on this site dogged him just last week. Glad that Baker saw on film what I saw. A kid that can be special here.

What happened to Doherty?

Going a different direction

Difference in philosophy

I think either Barry Jackson left out the full context of the quote in order to spice up the article or Baker poorly stated that he would call plays but Manny will help out if he asked.

Aye, and you know Manny will be giving feedback on both the offense AND defense.

Manny's not going to sit there like a fly on a **** -

Good article but nothing earth shaking. I think Baker will probably get help from Manny when he asks for it but Diaz saw first hand what trying to handle play calling and be the HC did for Richt. He needs to be the CEO of the team, managing all phases of it as if he was running a Fortune 500 company. In order to get the U back to prominence he’s going to have to oversee and make tweaks of things, not buried into game planning the defense for Floriduh

Advertisement
Back