Signing Day Buzz: 4 Days Away

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**I will continue to add to this thread if I hear anything new throughout the day**

**The big news for today that is worth tracking is the meeting between Denver Kirkland and Miami, which I've confirmed will happen today and plan on getting information from it as the day goes on. Miami reached out to Kirkland and his family and they agreed to meet with the coaches, which shows me a couple things. 1) That the door has not completely closed on the possibility of Kirkland coming to Miami. If there was no interest from Kirkland's side, him and his family would not have agreed to meet with Miami. And 2) Miami had a change of heart about something. Whether it's that they feel like they handled the situation wrong and just want to smooth things out, or if they want to grant him another opportunity to commit to Miami on signing day, something triggered this to happen, but it's tough to pinpoint exactly what it was. If, and that's a big "if", things can be worked out between the two sides and Kirkland would have his offer again, this would put Miami back into a better spot with Matthew Thomas, who I don't feel confident about at the moment.

**I posted earlier today that Miami's visit with Keith Bryant yesterday went well, according to Bryant himself. Al Golden, Brennan Carroll, and Jethro Franklin were the three coaches that sat down with him. Tito Benach and I have both been told by separate people with knowledge of the situation that while Bryant is leaning towards Florida State, and has been for a while, that his mother is on Miami's side and wants him closer to home. This is an interesting development because Bryant told me back in November that his mom was telling him to get out of South Florida because it would help him "grow up." There were also quotes from Bryant's mother a few weeks back, stating she wanted him at Miami, so this latest info goes along with that.

**As I posted a few hours ago, the LSU side continues to feel very strong about holding onto Rashard Robinson. A person I spoke to earlier who has spoken to Rashard in the last few days asked him why he has been telling local media that Miami is in it, and Robinson responded by saying that he didn't want to burn any bridges and show respect for the hometown team. This same person told me there was no credence to a rumor that LSU was "on the verge" of pulling Robinson's offer because of his flirtation with Miami. Apparently Robinson has never expressed to the LSU staff that Miami was a threat, but I am still not counting out a switch from happening because Miami still feels there is a legit shot with him.

**I plan on catching up with Augustus Edwards after his visit this weekend, but I'm told it's going well so far. I still believe that Miami would take both him and Collins. The 'Canes were in a good spot with him before this weekend so I suspect a solid visit will put Miami in the driver's seat.

Advertisement
Peter Aziz to the Haters

53.gif

Advertisement
my question with the whole scholly's situation is why not ask kids like David Perry and Asane Cleveland who have had chances to get it done to just move on ? Let them go to a school where they will play.

So Pete just tied in the Bryant mother's feelings circa November and today regarding Miami in a way that makes sense. Interesting development if she's on board.

Sounds like we're on the outside looking in on MT, Bryant, and Robinson. Anything can happen with the Don though, unbelievable work of art in progress regarding Kirkland if he pulls this off. Shot across the bow not to **** with him + still could get an all american.

any info on Jaynard? I assume we lost him unless AG is trying to smash everyone over the head on signing day.

From what I read Big6 was good to go to Miami before this Kirkland issue.. that being said. Miami wouldn't of pulled Kirkland like that a risk Big6.

either 1. big6 was out or 2. big6 told the staff he is committing to Miami and miami didn't want to play games with kirkland.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm Jonesing for some info on Collins and Bostwick. Ferman (I know, lots of drama), has Collins as an Arkansas lean (as does JC Shurburt (but I know he worships the SEC)) and Bostwick to Florida. Please Pete, help us out here.

Advertisement
Are there really haters of the brow? Pete is showin' and provin' like a Donruss rated rookie. I've been addicted to his posts for the last month.

From what I read Big6 was good to go to Miami before this Kirkland issue.. that being said. Miami wouldn't of pulled Kirkland like that a risk Big6.

either 1. big6 was out or 2. big6 told the staff he is committing to Miami and miami didn't want to play games with kirkland.

Nope. Didn't read that at all.

Advertisement
Back