SIAP: Blades Interview

Advertisement
Advertisement
Alphonso Jr & DJ Ivey are going have big time breakout seasons this year for us.

People will be shocked with how much they've developed this offseason.

What do you think about him growing into safety, as a Jr/Sr? I don't think that's his position at the next level, but I think it could make sense in our current scheme.

Nothing but things to love about JR. Great young man and well spoken also. Momma did a tremendous job raising him properly.

Advertisement
Alphonso Jr & DJ Ivey are going have big time breakout seasons this year for us.

Music to the ears. If that’s true, AND we get lucky with injuries at that position, a big concern for me will have vanished. Not worried about our front 7, at all, but that back 4 is a big question mark. Ivey and Blades were two of my favorite recruits from that class, so love to hear they are putting in the work and doing well.

I hope you're right.... tbh I'm kinda skeptical...do you see them covering Tyrie Cleveland or Grimes stride for stride on a deep ball route?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope you're right.... tbh I'm kinda sceptical...do you see them covering Tyrie Cleveland or Grimes stride for stride on a deep ball route?

They wont have enough time to run deep routes so it doesn't matter. Our DEs will be on Franks a$$ in less then 3 seconds.

They wont have enough time to run deep routes so it doesn't matter. Our DEs will be on Franks a$$ in less then 3 seconds.

Advertisement
I hope you're right.... tbh I'm kinda skeptical...do you see them covering Tyrie Cleveland or Grimes stride for stride on a deep ball route?
Yup.

Grimes is the most OVERRATED WR that this board constantly drools over. He's soft as a wet paper bag & him running a deep route means nothing, dude is not some crazy speedster.

Guys the key to what he said was:
A) The players coming in had to learn the system, and started working immediately.
B) The mindset of the team is to compete at all levels, and the recruits learn the difference. New Coaches, new system, all new, but.........
High standards are expected, the team shows by it's work ethic, how to "bring out the dog"..

The older group of palyers set the tone for the locker room, and the young players can see what has to be done. .
Memories of the old Miami........he knows what that was all about, from he was knee high to a grasshopper..
Good stuff.

Yup.

Grimes is the most OVERRATED WR that this board constantly drools over. He's soft as a wet paper bag & him running a deep route means nothing, dude is not some crazy speedster.
Ok...I'll give you Grimes he may have lost a step after his injury....I'd love to see them be able to cover Cleveland stride for stride...he is tall and extremely fast.... Van Jefferson is another one of their top wrs with good speed...I'm not totally doubting our CBs...just can't picture them stopping UF from making a few big plays down field....they are very deep at wr...

If rumph has blades and ivy playing at an above average level this year he needs a raise and a written apology from everyone who doubted him over his recruiting efforts.

Advertisement
Back