Shuffleboard

81-Year-Old Man Arrested For Scary “Shuffleboard Rage” Attack | Bossip

Advertisement
My father's side of the family always had shuffleboard courts in their backyards.

I know some will laugh, but it's actually fun. Loved playing it back in the day and the crack the pieces would make when they smashed into on another.

Croquet was also always set up and my grandmother (whether solo or teamed up with someone) would smash all comers. We even had full blown tournaments with the family.

Her daughter my aunt, eventually had a home that could accommodate both, had a pond, tennis, and basketball court as well as pool and ping pong. Fishing was later added as they also had a nice stocked pond. They started a by yearly "Pratt" Olympics which was a two day event encompassing all sports and had both sides of the family participating. The winners, two as teams were made, got to keep a trophy for two years. As everyone wasn't always of age to do all the events, the two team winners were selected by the team as MVP.

You can have fun doing anything as long as you're in good company. Some great 4th of July's through the years when young and in my 20's.

Advertisement
Back