2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think Coleman chose JSU cause they have an OC in place and we dont? LOL. Does anyone even know the OC of JSU and what he's ever accomplished?
No (to your first question). But Coleman isn't the only recruit. There are thousands of others... And some probably value knowing the OC/DC because, as the article indicates they want to know how they'll be utilized and if, in their mind, they'll be put in the best position to succeed. Shemar might be one of those recruits...

Last edited:
Advertisement
No. But Coleman isn't the only recruit. There are thousands of others... And some probably value knowing the OC/DC because, as the article indicates, they want to know how they'll be utilized and if, in their mind, they'll be put in the best position to succeed. Shemar might be one of those recruits...
To add to this, one of Mario’s warts is that he isn’t a defensive or offensive guy per se. he has been an OC but he isn’t know for any type of scheme. He is a CEO and a recruiter. There are questions on what we are gonna run on both sides of the ball.

Found the interview on 247

Miami Monsignor Pace High School DE Shemar Stewart is a huge priority for the Miami Hurricanes in this year’s recruiting class.

And this coming weekend will be make-or-break for the Canes’ chances with an official visit upcoming.

But there’s another factor that is just as much make-or break: A defensive coordinator hire.

Pace High DL coach Moe Marquez, who has served as a mentor for Stewart and is accompanying him on his visits, says Stewart would not be comfortable picking UM on signing day if a coordinator is not in place yet.

And Marquez told CaneSport Stewart won’t be waiting past signing day to make his decision.

“Once you sign there’s no taking it back, and for Shemar it’s Miami has to bring in an actual defensive coordinator because they don’t have one and he needs to know the lay of the land,” Marquez said.

A big issue for Stewart is some defensive coaches think he might grow into a defensive tackle or even play tackle in third down pass rushing situations … but he wants to be used solely as an end. The coordinator will have a big say in that, as well as what type of overall scheme will be utilized and how the ends will be used.

Marquez says Mario Cristobal is well aware of the issue for Stewart regarding the lack of a coordinator but has given no assurances a hire will be in place by signing day.

“Shemar is just one recruit, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference (in getting a coordinator hire in place soon),” Marquez said.
Mario need to be like "While it is true, we don't have a defensive coordinator or an exact timetable on when that hire will be made, I can assure you that whoever it ends up being didn't kill a kid like the DC in College Station did."

Advertisement
Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation
I actually didnt, it was back when Jeff Howe was still reporting for the Patriots. His write downs on training camp were perfect.

You guys think Coleman chose JSU cause they have an OC in place and we dont? LOL. Does anyone even know the OC of JSU and what he's ever accomplished?

I think they just hired an OC last week. Coleman gave his reason. He just wanted to attend JSU basically. It was because of Hunter & Prime. Apparently, Coleman always moved liked that anyway. I don’t think his HS was a good program prior to his arrival but he wanted to prove that he could win and still be a heralded recruit their.

Advertisement
That’s not going to always happen. And technically he only pulled 1 five star this year who was also the number ranked recruit. That definitely won’t happen every year but he’ll get a 4 star and some solid 3 stars with a group of transfers. I don’t think anyone expects JSU to get 5 stars every year. And Hunter was a unique situation. He also played the same position as Prime. That’s like having the opportunity to get coached by Magic or AROD.
I totally agree with you

There’s a huge overreaction on our boards to what’s happening there, however I think he’s going to be very successful at the same time

Advertisement
I totally agree with you

There’s a huge overreaction on our boards to what’s happening there, however I think he’s going to be very successful at the same time

I think so too. People have to remember that not all recruits want the same thing. JSU signed 2 4 stars in 2021 and followed that up with a 5 star and 4 star this year. Idk about 5 stars but they’ll get a couple 4 stars every year. But there are still recruits that want to play at big schools, are legacy's to p5 & blue blood programs and are also going to sign with national champion every year. And some kids just grow up as fans of some programs. Look at Duke, Kelly, according to @gogeta4 JW was one as well. College football recruiting is fluid. Kids sign to schools for different reasons.

I think so too. People have to remember that not all recruits want the same thing. JSU signed 2 4 stars in 2021 and followed that up with a 5 star and 4 star this year. Idk about 5 stars but they’ll get a couple 4 stars every year. But there are still recruits that want to play at big schools, are legacy's to p5 & blue blood programs and are also going to sign with national champion every year. And some kids just grow up as fans of some programs. Look at Duke, Kelly, according to @gogeta4 JW was one as well. College football recruiting is fluid. Kids sign to schools for different reasons.
Kids want to be different as well. Anything that gives them some sense of setting a trend. I’m not saying at all that it’s for attention, but wanting to go somewhere and be the first to build something is a huge marketing tool

I'd be shocked if he goes anywhere but Miami at this point.
Lol, really? Like UGA just won the natty, put an all time great defense on the field, recruits and develops defensive players at a high clip AND their coach is a defense guy and we don’t even have a DC yet...like I love Canes and I hope he comes BUT if he doesn’t, you can kinda understand why..

Advertisement
Lol, really? Like UGA just won the natty, put an all time great defense on the field, recruits and develops defensive players at a high clip AND their coach is a defense guy and we don’t even have a DC yet...like I love Canes and I hope he comes BUT if he doesn’t, you can kinda understand why..
I'm not too worried about UGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back