Shaq Thompson - Cal Losing Recruits

decleated

Enabler
Administrator
The #1 Safety in the nation, Shaq Thompson is wavering on his commitment to Cal.. Say's he is torn now from Tosh Lupoi leaving to the Huskies.. I was relieved to have my decision made, but now I will spend the next two weeks until Signing Day weighing my options,â€￾ said Thompson. **** this is a huge loss for Cal, I wonder if Moni was the one carrying the bag of money.. Here is the story: Tosh Lupoi Poached From Cal By Washington Washington just made the biggest hire of the PAC 12 offseason. And it's a defensive line coach. Jan 16, 2012 - In a move that will send recruiting shockwaves down the West Coast, the Washington Huskies have hired defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi away from the California Golden Bears. Lupoi had been a part of the Cal program for 12 years, including six as a player, two as a graduate assistant and four as a coach.Lupoi is considered the top recruiter west of the Mississippi. Despite Cal not having a winning Pac-12 record in the last three years, Lupoi's efforts landed Cal many top recruits who would have previously never seriously considered Cal as a destination. The loss of the coach who is arguably the best recruiter in the country is already having implications for the Golden Bears. Cal recently landed a commitment from the top safety in the country, Shaq Thompson. The commitment was due in part to the tireless work of Lupoi. After hearing the news, Thompson tweeted: I have a lot of thinking to do. -read more

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can understand that, but why make your decision off of one coach who wouldn't even be your position coach at the school? Pretty stupid. I'm sure USC will have no problem taking him though.

Advertisement
...from The Seattle Times

-Hearing from several parents of Cal verbal commits & one writes "Losing Tosh changes it for our son & may cost Tedford his job long term."
-Just talked to Guss Armstead,father of Armond,Arik...Tosh Lopoi & Tedford visited Arik at Elk Grove home last night,together. Stunned at news
-Just talked to Lakes coach Dave Miller who said it "wouldn't surprise'' him if Cedric Dozier now opens things up with Lupoi now at UW. ..
-Moving fast: #Washington coaches Tosh Lupoi and Justin Wilcox expected to visit with #USC commit Pio Vatuvei on Thursday.

UW
-Just talked to Nick Montana's HS coach, Bill Redell, who confirmed what he told LA Times that he expects Montana to transfer from UW.
-UW is now confirming that Nick Montana is transferring and has been granted his release.

Tosh Lupoi Joins Husky Defensive Staff
2.jpeg

-bios now on gohuskies

Meanwhile, our supposed West Coast Connection, Franklin and Carroll, aren't even making an attempt to at least talk........wasn't part of the reason both were brought in is because of their perceived "presence" recruiting wise on the WC? SMH.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, our supposed West Coast Connection, Franklin and Carroll, aren't even making an attempt to at least talk........wasn't part of the reason both were brought in is because of their perceived "presence" recruiting wise on the WC? SMH.

And you know they're not talking because why??? C'mon man...we've had a lot of west coasters visit last, and this year. The dude just left Cal in the last 24 hrs or so and Shaq just re-opened his recruitment. Don't bag on Carrol and Co. about this. They got Grimble last year and we'll certainly more west coasters in the near future.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cal commit ★★★★ WR Jordan Payton's is now open, UW could be an option with ND lurking..
-The Seattle Times

Armond Armstead just told me he plans to announce his college decision tomorrow & that brother Arik will not attend Cal
-Whitney Blaine
whitneypic.jpg

FOX Sports/Scout.com Writer

And you know they're not talking because why??? C'mon man...we've had a lot of west coasters visit last, and this year. The dude just left Cal in the last 24 hrs or so and Shaq just re-opened his recruitment. Don't bag on Carrol and Co. about this. They got Grimble last year and we'll certainly more west coasters in the near future.

What west coasters have we had visit this year? The TE who just committed to SDSU, and who else?

What west coasters have we had visit this year? The TE who just committed to SDSU, and who else?

In the past 2 years...we had looks (or commitments from) WR's-Onwuasar & Lucien, S-M. Lee, DL-J. Grimble & J. Alexis, TE-Ayles, CB- Gunter, QB-Dewey, P-Botts.

UM may or may not be on Shaq's radar. I'm just saying, that it's unfair to call our west coast recruiting 'perceived' and shake your head at it when the kid just, in the last day, said he's having 2nd thoughts. We're an .500 (W L record) school in a crappy conference that's a thousand or so miles away from home for these mid and west coasters. We'll get some visits and more commits from there. At least we've had more sense to look there of late and have some in-roads there with this staff.

(btw...I'm not saying that my list of above players have all panned out either...just that they gave us a look or came here)

Advertisement
carroll is NOT a california recruiting coordinator. He is our NATIONAL recruiting coordinator. I dont care if we ever get a kid from cali if the staff keeps recruiting the way they are.

Armond Armstead just told me he plans to announce his college decision tomorrow & that brother Arik will not attend Cal
-Whitney Blaine

Got**** at Whitney Blaine...is recruiting the grassroots method for hot chicks that want to get into sports broadcasting?

Advertisement
It's pretty amazing how losing one position coach could have Cal's class falling apart. Seems like this dude would run circles around Trooper Taylor and Eddie Gran.

-Whitney Blaine

Got**** at Whitney Blaine...is recruiting the grassroots method for hot chicks that want to get into sports broadcasting?

Im wit Chucksta on this one.

Witney Blaine is nectar.

Thank you gents I was wondering when someone would comment on her, that is why I posted her pic..
Fox has like 10-12 chicks now that I know of in the recruiting biz..

Advertisement
Back