Sept 16th Rivals Article about 2014 DE Mike Smith

Paranos

All-ACC
Can someone provide a breakdown of the latest rivals article from 9/16, which talks about Mike Smith's OV to WV and how it gave him something to think about. Based on the previous rivals article outlined below UM is a perfect fit, what could WV have given this kid to think about?

Overview from Canesport Aug1st Article:
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1529635

- His mother died in 2004 from cancer.
- His sister raised him and took him in.
- Promised mom that he would finish school, go to college and have no regrets.
- His sister, her bf, her baby and Mike moved in together after their house was foreclosed on
- She have him his own room and included him in her family.
- Mike started to get into trouble after his mom died, sister says there was a lot of stress on him but in fifth grade he changed drastically.
- Football helped him cope with the lose.
- Line from Mike: Looking back, Mike says "I didn't have everything I wanted, but I had everything I needed. It was hard growing up like that, seeing kids with everything. But I was growing up with what I needed, and it taught me not to want for anything."
- His sister attended all his games and was there from him
- He loves playing football because his mother loved the game, she was a Miami fan and they always watch the games.
- He is ready for the future, Smith said. "It's my last year as a Miami Northwestern boy, and I'm becoming a Miami Hurricane boy."
- Once Mike goes to college, his sister will pursue her career, she want s to be a medical assistant.
- She says she will be at every Miami home game to watch Mike play

Last edited:
Advertisement
please stop. he went on a visit. the visit was nice. stop asking "what could have happened to give him something to think about?"
he isn't going to wvu. please stop.

Advertisement
please stop. he went on a visit. the visit was nice. stop asking "what could have happened to give him something to think about?"
he isn't going to wvu. please stop.

The Article lead in statement clearly states he said it gave him something to think about. Read the **** posting before spouting off at the mouth.

of course it says that. it's journalism and intrigues people like you to get all worried.
a lot of our recruits are going to go on OV's to other schools and there will be a lot of headlines like this after their visit.
don't post the same thing every time. please.

Every girl I walk by gives me something to think about. Doesn't mean I want to be in a relationship with them.

My cousin played WR for WVU and every time I visited I had a blast. The game day atmosphere up there is crazy, all they have is football in Morgantown no professional team. The reason so many kids go there besides grades,is its nothing to do but party, party, party, and party, and believe me that all they do up there Monday thru Sunday. Also the white girls love there brothers up there lol ALOT OF HOES EVERYWHERE.

Advertisement
i went to the UM/wvu game sapp's last year here. had a female cousin who was going there. had a blast. of course the day walking into the game and after win was called every name in the book, it was still a good time. parties on campus everywhere.

Had a good time with former Northwestern Bull Eric Kinsey but nothing to see here...Mike Smith just having a good time but hes all cane

Advertisement
I'm rooting hard for this kid. These are the kind of things we don't see on film or on their combine numbers.

Sad stuff about his moms. I'll be rooting for the kid.

That kind of thing will leave deap-seated anger issues in a kid. A dark outlook on life. Violent mindset.

Advertisement
The kid will be pursuing a degree form the top U in Florida and if he excels can have a chance to better their lives beyond their wildest imagination. Good luck son

Advertisement
Back