Senate will vote on relief package today

JOE'CANE

Junior
My uncle is a pilot for Spirit and he left Ft. Lauderdale Monday with 5 passengers. Not arguing for them or against, just saying
Yea I believe you but both Spirit and your Uncle should be fine right now if they had handled their finances properly. Ofcourse both should be concerned there is uncertainty going forward but we are 3 weeks into the crisis nobody should have a handout at this point. If it continues 4 to 6 months then you can be seriously concerned.

Mnhurricane

Benchwarmer Poster
Allegedly (and I say that because the full details aren't yet released) the bill incentivizes not working according to the republican-led senate. I personally do not understand paying people who don't actually work now or those currently receiving a paycheck, but the logistics of figuring that out alone would take far too long to actually help the people in need

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
Allegedly (and I say that because the full details aren't yet released) the bill incentivizes not working according to the republican-led senate. I personally do not understand paying people who don't actually work now or those currently receiving a paycheck, but the logistics of figuring that out alone would take far too long to actually help the people in need
They have to go by the '18 tax return.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
Yea I believe you but both Spirit and your Uncle should be fine right now if they had handled their finances properly. Ofcourse both should be concerned there is uncertainty going forward but we are 3 weeks into the crisis nobody should have a handout at this point. If it continues 4 to 6 months then you can be seriously concerned.
"Handled finances properly" like they knew this was happening. Also, my uncle has custody of 3 kids and still has to pay for an ex wife who left him. Ignorant comment.

For_The_U

All ACC
I read they are actively working to fix that problem because, yes, the current design makes it more beneficial to quit than to keep working. I didn't dive into the nuts and bolts of it.

JOE'CANE

Junior
"Handled finances properly" like they knew this was happening. Also, my uncle has custody of 3 kids and still has to pay for an ex wife who left him. Ignorant comment.
I love sh1t like this lol. Yes "handled finances properly" a lot of accountants and financial experts tell you to save enough money to cover your bills for 3 to 6 months in case of emergencies. Emergencies could be recessions, natural disasters, loss of employment, terrorist attacks, etc. You did not need to know that a virus was on the horizon to be financially responsible. Yet here you are trying to justify why a person making over 110k a year is in possible trouble financially after 3 weeks.

Gtfoh who the hell is the ignorant one? Everyone is a victim dude is making 110k a year and needs a bailout check. 1st world problems douche.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
I love sh1t like this lol. Yes "handled finances properly" a lot of accountants and financial experts tell you to save enough money to cover your bills for 3 to 6 months in case of emergencies. Emergencies could be recessions, natural disasters, loss of employment, terrorist attacks, etc. You did not need to know that a virus was on the horizon to be financially responsible. Yet here you are trying to justify why a person making over 110k a year is in possible trouble financially after 3 weeks.

Gtfoh who the hell is the ignorant one? Everyone is a victim dude is making 110k a year and needs a bailout check. 1st world problems douche.
Yeah because 110k provides enough to support 5 people as well as having enough extra to sustain that for 3-6 months just sitting on ice.

1LuvCane

Senior
I don't understand the cash to all Americans thing at all. My take is this...

People who are still receiving their usual full pay don't need a check. My longest childhood friend (still full-time employed) said to me last night "I'm going to use it to buy some dinners and some weed". And he means that. Why in the world is he getting a check?!?

And then for those who truly need it - and by that, I mean people who have lost their jobs or businesses that have zero revenue right now - a $1k check (heck, even a $3k or $4k check) is going to do basically nothing for them. At most it will pay a few days of bills.

I don't get it; don't get it at all.
Shows they haven't analyzed it one bit. Panic bill = panic vote

1LuvCane

Senior
Its very easy to understand, its to make it palatable to the masses, while we are getting screwed. Its like getting robbed as politely as possible.

The rich are fuk1n rich, they don't need resources, many of the big corporations like airlines and cruiselines were making record profits before this sh1t happened, where are their reserves?, and my next comment is harsh but true. The poor live on a fixed income from the government, they get their resources regardless.
Once again middle class gets squashed?

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Bolshevik Bernie is threatening to stymie the bill due to a supposed error that provides unemployment payments that would exceed a persons regular salary. The GOP wants to amend it and Bernie wants to keep it or vote no.
Why do they need Bernie's vote? I thought they need 60 to pass it.