Senate will vote on relief package today

Apparently it passed. $1200 per person and $500 per child if you make up to $75k. If you're over $75k but under $99k you still get something just not the full amount. I think couples are under a different criteria as well.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
I got an email (Yahoo's own articles) saying it was done.
Edit: I see it says it still has to be finalized but all parties are in agreement.

JOE'CANE

Junior
The stimulus package will provide more help to the people that don't need it than the people that do. The package should have only included the healthcare system, the lower middle class, and small businesses at most. No way should it include some other groups and provisions. Taxpayers are getting raped with the rampant money printing.

For_The_U

All ACC
The stimulus package will provide more help to the people that don't need it than the people that do. The package should have only included the healthcare system, the lower middle class, and small businesses at most. No way should it include some other groups and provisions. Taxpayers are getting raped with the rampant money printing.
I don't understand the cash to all Americans thing at all. My take is this...

People who are still receiving their usual full pay don't need a check. My longest childhood friend (still full-time employed) said to me last night "I'm going to use it to buy some dinners and some weed". And he means that. Why in the world is he getting a check?!?

And then for those who truly need it - and by that, I mean people who have lost their jobs or businesses that have zero revenue right now - a $1k check (heck, even a $3k or $4k check) is going to do basically nothing for them. At most it will pay a few days of bills.

I don't get it; don't get it at all.

NC_Canes_11

Recruit

People who are still receiving their usual full pay don't need a check. My longest childhood friend (still full-time employed) said to me last night "I'm going to use it to buy some dinners and some weed". And he means that. Why in the world is he getting a check?!?

And then for those who truly need it - and by that, I mean people who have lost their jobs or businesses that have zero revenue right now - a $1k check (heck, even a $3k or $4k check) is going to do basically nothing for them. At most it will pay a few days of bills.

Its a complete waste of money, so right on par with what our government always does.

Zombie-Cane

Freshman

He's stimulating the economy. Local diner not getting enough customers and I am sure the local weed dealer is hurting too.....

JOE'CANE

Junior

I don't get it, don't get it at all.
Its very easy to understand, its to make it palatable to the masses, while we are getting screwed. Its like getting robbed as politely as possible.

The rich are fuk1n rich, they don't need resources, many of the big corporations like airlines and cruiselines were making record profits before this sh1t happened, where are their reserves?, and my next comment is harsh but true. The poor live on a fixed income from the government, they get their resources regardless.

For_The_U

All ACC
Its very easy to understand, its to make it palatable to the masses, while we are getting screwed. Its like getting robbed as politely as possible.

The rich are fuk1n rich, they don't need resources, many of the big corporations like airlines and cruiselines were making record profits before this sh1t happened, where are their reserves?, and my next comment is harsh but true. The poor live on a fixed income from the government, they get their resources regardless.
I agree with much of your post there. But it's silly to think an industry like the airline industry or cruise lines have reserves to just survive this when passengers suddenly drop exponentially (in the case of cruise lines, go to zero) and their daily operating costs don't drop in accordance.

Pelican45

Freshman
This smells like another vote buying scheme. That’s why the Dems were trying to get some crap into this bill that buys the right voters.

Politicians make me projectile vomit. All parties - no exceptions.

JOE'CANE

Junior
I agree with much of your post there. But it's silly to think an industry like the airline industry or cruise lines have reserves to just survive this when passengers suddenly drop exponentially (in the case of cruise lines, go to zero) and their daily operating costs don't drop in accordance.
Airlines are still operating domestically and the reason why huge corporations "fold" so quickly during crisis is because we have created an environment where it always falls on the taxpayer to be a safety net. Sorry I have become very libertarian when it comes to the markets and bailouts. Sometimes you got to learn hard business lessons. While government implements more economic policies to try to help the situation, they more often than not hurt the economy. Many economist now believe that the reason the great depression lasted so long was because of government intervention rather than just letting the market correct itself.

For_The_U

All ACC
Airlines are still operating domestically and the reason why huge corporations "fold" so quickly during crisis is because we have created an environment where it always falls on the taxpayer to be a safety net. Sorry I have become very libertarian when it comes to the markets and bailouts. Sometimes you got to learn hard business lessons. While government implements more economic policies to try to help the situation, they more often than not hurt the economy. Many economist now believe that the reason the great depression lasted so long was because of government intervention rather than just letting the market correct itself.
I don't disagree with that general premise. I do, however, think the cruise line industry that has been completely shut down in the name of public safety deserves some financial assistance.

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
“Too big to fail”

JOE'CANE

Junior
I don't disagree with that general premise. I do, however, think the cruise line industry that has been completely shut down in the name of public safety deserves some financial assistance.
If they do receive financial assistance, it should be done in a way that benefits the taxpayer. If we get a loan from a bank we have to pay it back with interest, it is only fair that if the taxpayers give a loan we should receive interest according to the market. It is not just to have different rules for different parties. We have to be consistent because if we aren't the middle class always losses.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
My uncle is a pilot for Spirit and he left Ft. Lauderdale Monday with 5 passengers. Not arguing for them or against, just saying