Sean Taylor “Definitive” High School Highlights

Advertisement
I'd have to be sick that game day if I played RB. Sorry coach... cough, cough... I got that flu going around.
Many moons ago, when I was playing Dade County HS ball...we played Northwestern and the inimitable Buster Rhymes...I thought long and hard about coming down with the discretion is the better part of valor mystery illness that you alluded to....But, I wasn't sure if I could live with myself if I wussed out....So, I sucked it up and went for it....Fast forward several decades...and I still have the cleat mark imprints on my chest where Mr. Rhymes repeatedly ran my *** over....

In retrospect, your pretending to be sick approach would have been the more prudent approach....

RIP Sean Taylor....Thank you for making us Canes fans proud....

Last edited:
One bad motha fuvker. Simply one of the greatest Canes, and all around player of all time. It’s a travesty we didn’t get to see all of his glory long enough in the NFL, what his final stats would’ve been, or shoot even see him marvel at the new IPF by taking in some practice or working out with the kids. **** shame indeed.

Advertisement
0:57 - ST is jawing with Ron (#20)...Ron had just tackled him for no gain and was gloating a bit, ST didn't like that. I had a couple of tackles in that game. We kept it close but Gulliver ended up winning 12-6.

Many moons ago, when I was playing Dade County HS ball...we played Northwestern and the inimitable Buster Rhymes...I thought long and hard about coming down with the discretion is the better part of valor mystery illness that you alluded to....But, I wasn't sure if I could live with myself if I wussed out....So, I sucked it up and went for it....Fast forward several decades...and I still have the cleat mark imprints on my chest where Mr. Rhymes repeatedly ran my *** over....

In retrospect, your pretending to be sick approach would have been the more prudent approach....

Ha.

Ha. Buster was a stud. You probably remember Freddie Miles in the same era. Always felt both these guys could have had HOF careers had they been able to figure out the off field stuff.

Advertisement

I watched Buster play in HS....And Peacock as well....Great..Great Talents...............But then there was Freddie Miles....

thanks for posting bro!
twas a sad day my pops told me he died. we both cried.
remember sitting in the basement w my brother, praying for Sean. Woke up the next morning and my brother was crying....i knew why, and I felt like I didn't pray hard enough; Felt like I coulda done more. Hope his daughter is making progress every day!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good god. Such violence and just awesome player. He hit up high between on the chest and took no prisoners. Best pure hitter we have EVER had hands down

Advertisement
Back