Scott Patchan 247 Update

Tampa Freedom defensive end Scott Patchan might end up at Miami, but it won’t be a direct result of his father being on two national championship teams there. David Patchan’s time in Coral Gables from 1983-87 was obviously well before Scott was born. However, it has led him to become quite well acquainted with the Hurricanes.

-Says “They’re the place I’m the most familiar with and the most comfortable with,” “That’s the real reason I want to get out and visit other places as well. As it stands, I know a lot about Miami, especially the tradition. My dad went there and my brother almost did. I’ve heard about it all and I’ve seen it all myself.”

-It doesn’t hurt that Jethro Franklin, Art Kehoe, and the rest of the staff have been beating down Patchan’s (6-6, 225) door.

-Says “They’ve been giving me a lot of attention and showing love which is great,” “They’re recruiting me the hardest out of all the schools. It surprised me in one way but at the same time, it only felt right in the back of my mind because of the connections I have down there.”

-hasn’t taken too many visits, especially out of state. With his growing offer list, that will need to get cranked up sooner rather than later.

-Says “I have 23 offers and I’d like to visit every one of them,” “I’ve only checked out five thus far so that means I have a lot more left. I’m looking to commit early, possibly during the summer, and help build a (recruiting) class wherever I pick.”

-It would be understandable if the process was overwhelming but that’s not so. In fact, he wanted to share his tactic of how he keeps everything under control.

-Says “I think I’m enjoying this to the fullest,” “If other guys are out there stressing, they’re not handling it right in my opinion. It should be fun, having colleges show you love, and that’s how it feels for me. The advice I would give anybody is think beyond committing and then signing there. It’s exciting when you’re proudly putting on the jersey of the team you end up playing for.”

-older brother, Matt, was a mega recruit in the 2008 class but his college career was full of ups and downs. If anything, Scott has learned to make the most out of the academic opportunities that lay on the horizon.

-Says “Well you get three to five years at a school, depending on if you redshirt or leave early, to get a degree,” “There’s no excuse not to walk away without it, my brother got three degrees in five years. I have to get at least one for sure and I want a school that will put me on track for that. If I can get extra ones, that’s even better.”

-also has a few football related aspects that he’s searching for in addition.

-Says “I would love a great relationship with my head coach, coordinator, and position coach,” “I’m trying to play at a school with a great atmosphere in a great conference. My aspiration is to make the NFL so I’d like to find a place that could help me get there. I plan to compete for a starting job and I don’t expect to redshirt. Those are all things I look for outside of academics.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DE-Scott-Patchan-I-Know-Miami-the-Best-186795

Advertisement
59.gif

Advertisement
Funny, you have a tendency to say his brother was a bust. We now hear that between injuries changing coaches, changing positions, and changing schools the kid walks away with three degrees. Good for him

"I plan to compete for a starting job and I don’t expect to redshirt." I love this attitude. Tall order considering who's ahead of him.

Funny, you have a tendency to say his brother was a bust. We now hear that between injuries changing coaches, changing positions, and changing schools the kid walks away with three degrees. Good for him

dont like the kid...but i dont think he bust. Got three degrees, and likely is drafted next month.

i'll take tis Patchan kid...he's going to bring an attitude on d. I remember i liked his older bro better on dline than oline when i saw him.

You pair him with the groups @ that spot that we brought in the last two classes is nice.

We about to have two WHITE dl in this class EARLY....oh lord....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back