Scott Patchan 247 update 6/4

Tampa Freedom defensive end Scott Patchan had a desire to make an early decision and he did so by committing to Miami at the spring game. Patchan (6-6, 240) noted there’s a minor downside to being off the market but the pros far outweigh the cons in his mind.

-Says “I probably won’t get all the offers I need for a chance at being a five star recruit,” “On the plus side, I get to be as much of a leader as possible by recruiting for my class. I can represent Miami in the best way and that’s what I’ll do. I’ve loved this school for a long time and I’m satisfied enough with my choice that I’m not changing.”

-Prospects often commit early to take the pressure off but that wasn’t really one of the motivations in Patchan’s case.

-Says “Life really hasn’t changed at all, I’m working out just as much if not harder,” “The reality is that I’ll be in college in 2015 and I need to make more progress before I get there. Everybody else will be bigger, faster, and stronger so I need to be right there with them when I arrive on campus.”

-hoped to put on his recruiting hat and he’s been able to do just that.

-Says “There’s a lot of guys, it’s hard to name only a few,” “I tell them how excited I am about my choice and how they can’t go wrong with Miami. There’s too much to pass up and that’s what I want to help them realize.”

-big fan of some of the recruits that have already joined him in Miami’s 2015 class.

-Says “It’s a big class when you look at the offensive linemen alone,” “Kevin Feder is 6’9” and you can’t coach size. Dwayne Lawson has a great ability to get away from pressure in the pocket and he knows how to get the ball to his receivers. Again, that’s something that comes very naturally. Dexter Williams and Jordan Cronkrite are both downhill guys coming out of the backfield. They can get north and south but they have good enough agility to operate inside or in the open field.”

-didn’t hesitate to state how he feels about prospects who decommit, not just from Miami, but really anywhere.

-Says “If you go ahead and commit somewhere, you’re saying all in,” “There are certain situations I understand like if the head coach leaves for another position. But if you decommit and nothing big changed, there’s no reason to do that. You wasted everybody’s time because you got them excited and then let them down. Then once you decommitted the first time, what stops you from doing it again? I don’t agree with that at all. My goal is to win a bunch of games and expect all my teammates to be fully on board as well. If they’re not, they made a bad decision and they don’t deserve a scholarship.”

-Before going public, Patchan said he hoped to visit every school that had offered him. Where does he stand on the front currently?

-Says “That’s mostly out the window, there may be a few schools I take officials to,” “I’m very happy with my commitment to Miami. They’re still recruiting me just as hard and that’s one of the greatest things. They send all the important pictures, videos, the stuff that makes me feel wanted. They’re not thinking ‘Well he’s on board so we don’t need to waste our time’. I guess that’s one reason I picked them in the first place.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DE-Scott-Patchan-Going-from-Recruited-to-Recruiter-28965305

Advertisement
Advertisement
Scott made that interview his b itch..

30.gif

Advertisement
what a breathe of fresh air! if only we could find 20 more kids like him every year..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad we have this guy on board with us. Hope he camps and gets into all-star games to do some Crootin for the []_[]

Advertisement
Back