Schools Still Pushing for Carter

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2013 Miami commitment Jamal Carter from Southridge High School had a disappointing senior season, as his Spartans didn't live up to the expectations that most had for them. Carter will get one last chance on Saturday night to take the field as a high school player and he's ready for the opportunity.

"I'm gonna go all out because it's my last high school game. I'm gonna put it all on the table. I'm trying to have fun."

Carter took a visit to LSU last weekend and enjoyed himself.

"It was fun. LSU, Baton Rouge, they showed me a good time and got me thinking."

Three Miami coaches went to visit Carter in the airport before he left to Baton Rouge.

"They came to check on me, it wasn't anything major."

The hard-hitting safety says he will be taking two more visits, one to Miami (January 18) and one to Clemson. While he's been to Miami's campus multiple times, he's still looking forward to the experience.

"I already know Miami so it's not anything new, but I'm just ready to have a good time."

Carter discussed how the recruiting process has treated him over the past month while being committed to Miami since the summer.

"It's really crazy because I have a lot of people telling me Miami is where I should be and then I have other coaches like at Clemson just telling me some things that have me confused."

Two major factors are really keeping him tied in with the 'Canes.

"My family really wants me here in Miami, especially my momma. Playing early is a big factor too so after seeing a lot of the young guys play this year that's a big deal for me."

Advertisement
Good interview.

"My family really wants me here in Miami, especially my momma. Playing early is a big factor too so after seeing a lot of the young guys play this year that's a big deal for me."

That tells me all I need to know that he's staying.

Pete, I always hear people saying Carter is an athlete playing safety and doesn't know the game well.

is this the case?

also, can he play other positions, say RB?

Advertisement
"It's really crazy because I have a lot of people telling me Miami is where I should be and then I have other coaches like at Clemson just telling me some things that have me confused."

Dabo+ money=Potato

Hope that's true, because Dabo will be telling him how much he loves him, etc.,.....i'm gonna puke.

Advertisement
Tell Dabo to

image-2626350252.jpg

Al got this!!!

Advertisement
Dabo and the rest...what will they do when they can't try to sell negativity about miami? Golden will clean f*$@ing house

Advertisement
Pete, I always hear people saying Carter is an athlete playing safety and doesn't know the game well.

is this the case?

also, can he play other positions, say RB?

He can return kicks IIRC, and why would he play RB? SS all the way.

Advertisement
Back