Scarlett Wants to Stay Close to Home

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 University School running back Jordan Scarlett is coming off a season in which he had big roles in some of his school’s key games and is going to be looked to this year in big situations.

“I knew it was gonna come eventually, but I’m ready for it and I’m ready to be able to put the team on my back. I’ll do it any day.”

University school is considered by many to be the favorite to make it back to the state championship and Scarlett is just focusing on keeping everyone heads level.

“It feels good, but we gotta stay humble and hungry. That’s what we did last year and we came out victorious, hopefully our family comes together this year and we can do it again.”

Recruiting wise, the 5’10 200 pound runner has quite the list of schools after him with almost every school in the nation sending mail.

“Some Florida schools are sticking out right now, I’d have to say FSU, UM, Florida and UCF.”

The University school product is listening to all schools, but has intentions to stay close to home.

“I want to stay close to home.”

Florida is a school Scarlett has yet to visit but has still heard plenty of good things from his teammates who did get the chance to see it.

“My friends all say the campus is beautiful and they love the coaches and how the offense is ran. I just can’t wait to go see it for myself.”

The Seminoles are another school that really intrigues the top ranked running back and has stayed in contact with them for a while.

“I talk to the coaches a lot, I contact them every week or so. He just shows me a lot of love and I can’t wait to see them too.”

Miami is the hometown school that Scarlett does like, but it seems as if the Hurricanes aren’t following back with as much interest.

“I have a lot of people who went out to UM and they said it’s a nice place to be, but sometimes UM I have to say they don’t really show that much love when I call they don’t answer the phone and when I go out to the campus. They’re a good school and I’ll always love UM.”
Many would wonder if the Hurricanes were to increase their recruiting efforts with Scarlett, would them being late compared to other schools affect the way he looks at them.

“Oh no, it wouldn’t make any difference I would look at them the same way I look at everybody when I make my decision.”

Besides locations Scarlett has a few other factors that will play into his decision.

“Education, playing time and how the family atmosphere is at the school.”

Advertisement
one of premier running backs in the state...im sure coaches dont call him back

this university school stuff has gotten old, getting trolled in 2015 already

Advertisement
"Sometimes UM I have to say they don’t really show that much love when I call they don’t answer the phone and when I go out to the campus."

Don't understand that. This guy is a stud.

you dont believe that do you?

That the coaches don't answer the phone? Why wouldn't I?

cause he is a commodity.. an asset.. a career make or break in our back yard with unreal talent.. why would a coach in a billion dollar industry not keep contact with an asset with that value....if ur telling me he calls them and they dont answer or call back im saying thats BS and 100% not true

i just dont think hurlie, coley or golden would ignore someone who can do so much for their careers/ the program

Next time, ask him what "close to home" means, because, in my book, 5 or 7 hours away isn't "close to home"...

Advertisement
Why do our coaches hate U school why cant they hate a more **** school like hollywood hills or cooper city

"Sometimes UM I have to say they don’t really show that much love when I call they don’t answer the phone and when I go out to the campus."

cause he is a commodity.. an asset.. a career make or break in our back yard with unreal talent.. why would a coach in a billion dollar industry not keep contact with an asset with that value....if ur telling me he calls them and they dont answer or call back im saying thats BS and 100% not true

i just dont think hurlie, coley or golden would ignore someone who can do so much for their careers/ the program

Golden doesn't like U-School, justified or not.

Advertisement

Golden doesn't like U-School, justified or not.

true, i concede my point

This Golden hating U School kids stuff is comical.

Someone provide some proof, TIA.

Advertisement
Maybe bc he's a 2015 guy and we have a potentially monster season in front of us. So sick of kids that need their hands held.

Why do our coaches hate U school why cant they hate a more **** school like hollywood hills or cooper city

I think the respect, or lack of it, is mutual. Not a one way street. "The love" has to be shown both ways.
As for not answering the phone, maybe our coaches are kind of busy.
You know, coaching and things like that.
Recruiting is a full time job, and so is coaching. Seems like recruiting for 2014 is their main focus, and from the results so far, they've excelled.
2015 is a very long time from now.

Advertisement
Back