2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Dohn had a write up on him today. Says the schools “recruiting him the hardest are UGA, OSU, LSU, TAMU, MSU, Oregon, PSU and others”. Became interested in Oregon when Mario was there and Lanning and staff still have his attention. No other mention of us.

Advertisement
Honestly surprised we weren’t more of a factor here. He was one of the very first kids that Mirabel visited after he got to UM.

We need to somehow put one of the support staff on that Ne corridor and PrepSchools. I think its possible.

Maybe Pata
Todd Stroud is the guy that immediately comes to mind for me. A lot of the coaches up here are stubborn old heads.

Don’t know him either, but I think Mike Rumphs vibe would be a good fit up here as well.

Todd Stroud is the guy that immediately comes to mind for me. A lot of the coaches up here are stubborn old heads.

Don’t know him either, but I think Mike Rumphs vibe would be a good fit up here as well.

Stroud to.

Pata is real personable and a good recruiter which is why i listed him.

Hes a good guy to have open a door in recruiting.

I think we should though place a guy that yearly can do that for the NE corridor from North Jersey,NYC, TO THE CT/MASS prep schools.

In fact we should be working like we use to in somehow maybe getting local kids that maybe show talent but not offer worthy of getting placed in some of those post grad programs....we use to send kids to Milford Prep for grades. I think its a way to stash some players on your board

The New England area isn't South Florida when it comes to producing football players, but they've produced talent over the years. Today I want to put y'all on to Samson Okunlola. He's a 6'6 300 pound offensive tackle from Brockton, MA & plays his prep ball at Thayer Academy.

It is downright scary to see a kid this big with such fluid movement. He has the frame & technique to where he can play as a true freshman, which is extremely rare. He is put together very well for a 300 pound kid, not much bad weight on him.

He has early offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Boston College, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Penn State, Tennessee, West Virginia & Vanderbilt. We do extremely well recruiting the Northeast, so I'd like to see us hop in here early & recruit the kid. Get Justice on the phone!

Have seen him in person. He is 6'4 1/4 at best, Thayer competes in the ISL which means zero competition in Football or wrestling. He is a good athlete but will play on the interior at the next level. His father has done a great job hyping both Samson and Samuel.

Advertisement
Have seen him in person. He is 6'4 1/4 at best, Thayer competes in the ISL which means zero competition in Football or wrestling. He is a good athlete but will play on the interior at the next level. His father has done a great job hyping both Samson and Samuel.
tumblr_niqnuiFXFm1sr2dx2o1_250.gif

Straight from the horse's mouth, witha Top school list being dropped June 2.

Go Canes

Last edited:
He definitely has need media coached/prepped and knows which school names to drop publicly in order help his recruiting buzz.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Well two videos and he didnt drop our name in either one. Doesn't sound like we got much of a shot.

In the top 9

Miami: "I love the head coach (Mario Cristobal) and the offensive line coach (Alex Mirabal). They are both o-line dudes, and Miami is a pretty good hot spot down there. It's overall a good school for education as well."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol my post was from a few weeks back. He didn’t mention Miami in that article but glad that’s changed!
Actually to be fair, he didn’t mention anyone in that article which was just the author “handicapping his recruitment” via random speculation based on his offer list. Todays article is based off of the kids actual Top 9.

Well this is a pleasant surprise. I think it might just be a free trip. I’d be absolutely floored if he comes to Miami. Mario da gawd if he pulls it off.

Reactions: jsy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back