2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
His brother had commitable offers from UGA and Penn State and chose Pitt anyway. It seems like right now he has zero top schools despite having 38 offers. It looks like their family has a more methodical approach to recruiting & look for fit more than a brand name/media coverage.

I think we could have a chance if Mirabal/Cristobal show the OL they've developed & present a clear plan for his development/playing time.

Advertisement
He’s a dawg, I have a friend who has worked with him directly. He thinks he stays up north/big 10 country.

Usually the best lineman from Mass go to Boston college, Notre dame, or Michigan and they all produce. The hit rate must be 90% for the dudes who actually make it D1 as an offensive lineman from mass.

I can’t tell you the last time a kid from Mass went to the southeast for football. There was a kid who went to Arizona last year, but that was because of Don brown who is a god in this state.

People will laugh, but I wouldn’t completely rule out Umass here. Like I said Don brown is a god in this state. Equivalent of a jimmy johnson, nick saban when it comes to football.

There is an underrated amount of offensive lineman in the league right now from mass.

Advertisement
He’s a dawg, I have a friend who has worked with him directly. He thinks he stays up north/big 10 country.

Usually the best lineman from Mass go to Boston college, Notre dame, or Michigan and they all produce. The hit rate must be 90% for the dudes who actually make it D1 as an offensive lineman from mass.

I can’t tell you the last time a kid from Mass went to the southeast for football. There was a kid who went to Arizona last year, but that was because of Don brown who is a god in this state.

People will laugh, but I wouldn’t completely rule out Umass here. Like I said Don brown is a god in this state. Equivalent of a jimmy johnson, nick saban when it comes to football.

There is an underrated amount of offensive lineman in the league right now from mass.
I hear you but MC has experience recruiting the NE successfully so of he has verified interest I know it's at least a possibility.

Probably best tackle prospect in the country. And he’s raw on top of that. I’m guessing this kid stays in big10 country or bama.

Advertisement
I hear you but MC has experience recruiting the NE successfully so of he has verified interest I know it's at least a possibility.
I honestly don’t know who MC has recruited from New England. Who has he recruited from New England? And New England for football really only includes Massachusetts and anything directly north and directly east of Hartford…rest of conn is New York to me. The south and west of Connecticut is significantly different than eastern/central Massachusetts. Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine haven’t produced a notable D1 player in at least 10 years.

Edit: You probably meant northeast. When I see NE I assume NE. Jersey and Massachusetts are very different people in my experience. You’re way more likely to get a jersey kid to go south vs a Massachusetts kid.

Last edited:

Yeah that's the gut feeling I've been getting with this kid. The NJ kid, Chase Bisontis, seems like the more natural fit.

I honestly don’t know who MC has recruited from New England. Who has he recruited from New England? And New England for football really only includes Massachusetts and anything directly north and directly east of Hartford…rest of conn is New York to me. The south and west of Connecticut is significantly different than eastern/central Massachusetts. Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine haven’t produced a notable D1 player in at least 10 years.
I'm guessing that QP is referring to Mario's time at Rutgers, and I'd have to guess that Mario was recruiting Florida for Rutgers. Is there anyone on the staff who has actually recruited the Northeast?

I'm guessing that QP is referring to Mario's time at Rutgers, and I'd have to guess that Mario was recruiting Florida for Rutgers. Is there anyone on the staff who has actually recruited the Northeast?
True true. I can’t think of anyone who has recruited the NE on this staff. To be honest, it’s not worth their time. Maybe New Jersey is, but those kids are being funneled to Notre dame and Rutgers right now.

Ironically, the top players from jersey in 2021 and 2022 signed with ole miss. I can’t imagine a jersey kid liking Mississippi

Advertisement
True true. I can’t think of anyone who has recruited the NE on this staff. To be honest, it’s not worth their time. Maybe New Jersey is, but those kids are being funneled to Notre dame and Rutgers right now.

Ironically, the top players from jersey in 2021 and 2022 signed with ole miss. I can’t imagine a jersey kid liking Mississippi
With Okunlola and there is a 4 star safety from Massachusetts as well, this might be the most talented group Massachusetts has had in a while. Connecticut has produced a lot of good players over the years. But I agree with you that you don't see a lot of players from that region going to school in the south. Miami is not like the SEC schools because Miami is a lot more like the NE with all of the transplants down here.

With Okunlola and there is a 4 star safety from Massachusetts as well, this might be the most talented group Massachusetts has had in a while. Connecticut has produced a lot of good players over the years. But I agree with you that you don't see a lot of players from that region going to school in the south. Miami is not like the SEC schools because Miami is a lot more like the NE with all of the transplants down here.

Aguero - stud. But, UGA is the likely landing spot although we are after him hard.

Advertisement
This is by far the best class of recruits Massachusetts has had in the last 15 years, legit talent.

Miami is like NE in terms of speed/pace of life, but a lot of people have a negative opinion of Miami up here. It’s where “we” go to party. I know it’s more than that, but that’s how a lot of parents and adults feel about south Florida.

Mass people don’t belong in SEC country, complete polar opposites in terms of culture and pace of life.

Edit: You probably meant northeast. When I see NE I assume NE. Jersey and Massachusetts are very different people in my experience. You’re way more likely to get a jersey kid to go south vs a Massachusetts kid.
NE I meant the northeast. Not sure if he's recruited a kid from Mass or not but if he wants him I'd bet he can pull him.

We need to somehow put one of the support staff on that Ne corridor and PrepSchools. I think its possible.

Maybe Pata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back