2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he not being recruited by big schools? Why is he promoting himself so much via twitter. Must be a generation thing.

Advertisement
*****! You know what I want! Hahahahaha!
I wanna talk to Samson!
Fly me to the moon like that ***** Alice Kramden!
'Cause it's hard being black and gifted!
Sometimes I just wanna throw it all down and get lifted!

Last edited:
When I played for Shrewsbury we played and beat Brockton pretty good. They fell off for a while but them and Everett are typically the only two public schools that get any type of National recognition up here. We've got a couple of good prep schools in BC High, Xaverian, St. Johns Prep, St. Johns(Shrewsbury)- Richard Rodgers HS, current Eagles TE. Big step down in competition from the likes of SFL obviously.

20-30 years ago Brockton’s public high school was nationally ranked —perhaps number one. We got a highly ranked OT from there—I think his name was Anthony Lewis. Second team USA
A-A, but he did very little at UM.
I think Steve Staffier, a RB was from Massachusetts. Then we had a bust DL during I think the Randy era.

Yeah Brockton is supposedly tough—I think the great boxer Rocky Marciano is from Brockton.
Of course you are forgetting the more recent Marvin Hagler.. Their sports teams are called the boxers.

Is he not being recruited by big schools? Why is he promoting himself so much via twitter. Must be a generation thing.
It’s extremely difficult to get noticed by D1 schools playing in Massachusetts. No spring football or camp circuit. Plus high school coaches, don’t really help in getting their players names out there. The only P5 schools that “recruit” the state are Michigan and Boston College and they only focus on maybe 5 schools. Michigan might not be actively recruiting the state anymore with Don Browns departure.

Advertisement
These are the kinds of OL we should be bringing in. One the already have the size and weight, but just need footwork and technique coaching. This boy, the one from Orlando Boone and Armella. Current center too light/weak and I feel Rodriquez will fall into the same boat. Give me a fat boy at 350 and tighten him up vs a 275 guy that needs to put on weight.

Advertisement
When I played for Shrewsbury we played and beat Brockton pretty good. They fell off for a while but them and Everett are typically the only two public schools that get any type of National recognition up here. We've got a couple of good prep schools in BC High, Xaverian, St. Johns Prep, St. Johns(Shrewsbury)- Richard Rodgers HS, current Eagles TE. Big step down in competition from the likes of SFL obviously.
My brother played with Blanchflower at UMass

It’s extremely difficult to get noticed by D1 schools playing in Massachusetts. No spring football or camp circuit. Plus high school coaches, don’t really help in getting their players names out there. The only P5 schools that “recruit” the state are Michigan and Boston College and they only focus on maybe 5 schools. Michigan might not be actively recruiting the state anymore with Don Browns departure.
This

Advertisement
Shheeeshhhh that cat is smooth.

Brockton high football isn’t what it used to be. The private and prep have made sure of that.

the only consistently legit public school in eastern mass is Everett. They’ve sent numerous guys d1 to BC and big 10 schools.
Everett coach went to CM, now they are producing kids.

Lot of Mass Canes floating around. Fantastic.

Also, when I use the term ‘producing’ it is relative. Not a football hotbed.

Advertisement
20-30 years ago Brockton’s public high school was nationally ranked —perhaps number one. We got a highly ranked OT from there—I think his name was Anthony Lewis. Second team USA
A-A, but he did very little at UM.
I think Steve Staffier, a RB was from Massachusetts. Then we had a bust DL during I think the Randy era.

Yeah Brockton is supposedly tough—I think the great boxer Rocky Marciano is from Brockton.
You’re correct, Brockton is the home of the Rock, Marvin Hagler as well, although Marvelous was a transplant, originally from Brick City, Newark, NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back