2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Samson was interviewed on the Scoop on the U last night. Highlights

When asked which schools are recruiting him the hardest, he said: Bama, UGA, Penn State and my nemesis MSU
When asked which fan base stood out, MSU

Advertisement
Monroe Freeling and Olaus Alinen are also in play. We need to get 2 of these 3.

I'd say those look like our best two options from these early evaluations. Sampson leaning towards MSU just reading the tea leaves. He was wearing a MSU shirt in that video from last night.

Advertisement
I'd say those look like our best two options from these early evaluations. Sampson leaning towards MSU just reading the tea leaves. He was wearing a MSU shirt in that video from last night.
Yikes, I didn't notice that at all, but sure enough, he was wearing an MSU t-shirt to a Miami interview. Giving off Kirland vibes. Sigh. And to think a few weeks back, folk were openly laughing at MSU as competition.

Alinen will be playing with Jackson Carver this season, which should help. I would love to pair Samson and Freeling….Tinalau will be a long term developmental project. Add in Tripp and hopefully Sanker and we’re ready to roll in the trenches in a couple years.

Alinen will be playing with Jackson Carver this season, which should help. I would love to pair Samson and Freeling….Tinalau will be a long term developmental project. Add in Tripp and hopefully Sanker and we’re ready to roll in the trenches in a couple years.
I would be ecstatic with on OL haul of

Samson, Freeling, Tinalau, Tripp and Sanker.

Were you including Alinen in your list? Carver did talk about looking forward to playing with Alinen next year and I thought for a second he was breaking huge news but then I realized it was for prep school.

Advertisement
Yikes, I didn't notice that at all, but sure enough, he was wearing an MSU t-shirt to a Miami interview. Giving off Kirland vibes. Sigh. And to think a few weeks back, folk were openly laughing at MSU as competition.

Yeah, definitely more players with NIL involved and MSU has showed they have some money with that contract for Tucker. Wasn't really counting on Samson. More disappointed with Kirkland with him being local.

Where are you from in Alberta if you don’t mind me asking? I have a lot friends that live in Calgary. Most of them played for the Stampeders years ago. I’m not sure of your age. Marvin Pope? John Carson (Canadian Basketball Legend)? Marvin Coleman?

I moved to Calgary a few years back and I'm shocked at how many American CFLers decided to stay after their careers are done. It's a beautiful city but, maybe I'm a bit biased being from Toronto, but the ones I've met loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back