Problem2

All-American
Premium
No longer visiting.

So I guess it's the elite guys or bust huh

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rumors here in Middletown he's heading to buttgers
Sound like schiano may actually put together a **** of an NJ class now that PSU isn't around taking everyone

We have, maybe, 2 spots left. I doubt he would have had a commitable offer until signing day anyway. We're goin big. I think we might have a kid or two as a reserve, but as a position that might actually bolt...so, maybe like a backup linebacker or defensive lineman or something.

We have, maybe, 2 spots left. I doubt he would have had a commitable offer until signing day anyway. We're goin big. I think we might have a kid or two as a reserve, but as a position that might actually bolt...so, maybe like a backup linebacker or defensive lineman or something.

Larry,

Are you including AJL in your numbers of 2 slots left? If not that's 3 more spots left. Northrup may flip, Thompson is all baseball until I see him running out of the smoke at Joe Robbie the first game of the season so that's 4,5 spots.

We have an academic casualty or 3 every season almost.

Bottom line is I believe that Golden will over sign and sort out the mess later.

JMO

Larry,

Are you including AJL in your numbers of 2 slots left? If not that's 3 more spots left. Northrup may flip, Thompson is all baseball until I see him running out of the smoke at Joe Robbie the first game of the season so that's 4,5 spots.

Bottom line is I believe that Golden will over sign and sort out the mess later.

JMO

I agree. I think it's the smart play. Golden said "We can't afford to miss with this recruiting class." losses/facilities/sanctions...whatever, he has to get the ship right. Is he taking some kids we are sometimes scratching our heads at...Sure! But, is he also scoring some big-timers that with any other previous staff, we'd whiff on?...Absolutely! He's had year #1. We have to see progress here, and these guys should all be ready by #3. *Squinting one eye*

Advertisement

Larry,

JMO

We can only have 25 sign their letter of intent. We have 31 commitments at the moment, and 7 early enrollees. That will give Golden the ability to "oversign" by 1...which is our spot left for the biggest name that will take it.

I don't believe he will oversign with the idea of certain players not qualifying. Doesn't seem like his way of doing business. He'll sign his 25 and as the players become ineligible, he'll go after some late signees, similar to the way he did business last year. The roster will sort its way out, but I don't think what you see on signing day will be the last of Golden's efforts.

I've also already prepared myself for a surprise recruit or two, but not a big name (I don't think we'll land any of the last minute big names, but I think we keep the same class we have now). A surprise signee might be, for example, if we lose Northrup, we'll have a kid like (just for a random example and to put a name to the discussion) Darius White from Manatee on Line 1. Something like that would be what I'd expect.

Last edited:
Well, we have officially offered Darius White so I would like to get your opinion on him. 6'1 230lbs if I am not mistaken. Someone mentioned about seeing the highlight of the Manatee vs. Jacksonville game and that White stood out more than Reggie.

I know they play different positions MLB vs. OLB, but what is your take on White? THanks.

I think White is a good player. Not to give a full amateur breakdown, as you've seen the same clips as me, but I think he can play.

Anytime I watched anything Reggie Northrup, I was impressed, but they have a kid named Daniel McMillan on the same team that I always ended up watching instead of Northrup. That's not a knock on Northrup, but that McMillan kid was the goods. He's an underclassman, however.

Advertisement
Back