Rutgers

Advertisement
Federman surrenders a run after a Rutgers single, pickoff attempt thrown into right, and another single. 4-1.

How’s FAU in baseball? I know the gators are always good. How’s FSU? or the other Florida schools
Most Florida schools are competitive at baseball. FAU is arguably the most consistently good of the mid majors, although UCF is giving them a run for their money since former Cane Greg Lovelady arrived. FSU, while championshipless, is one of the perennial powers in college baseball.

Advertisement
I’d say it’s pretty clear I was light on Vilar in my projections. He can really hit, but it’s the quality of contact he’s making against breaking balls that really surprises me. He got dinged big time for not being highly rated, but his HS numbers were excellent against solid competition.

Lala is another grinder type that I love. College baseball is not the pros, so I’m looking for grinders who can make quality contact and not so much just toolsy guys.

This team looks like the best team in several years to start.

I’d say it’s pretty clear I was light on Vilar in my projections. He can really hit, but it’s the quality of contact he’s making against breaking balls that really surprises me. He got dinged big time for not being highly rated, but his HS numbers were excellent against solid competition.

Lala is another grinder type that I love. College baseball is not the pros, so I’m looking for grinders who can make quality contact and not so much just toolsy guys.

This team looks like the best team in several years to start.
Through a weekend I’d say we’re still another recruiting class from where we really want to be offensively, but you can see where it’s improving year over year. Two years ago we were 6-8 pieces short, last year 4 or 5, and now (hopefully) 2 or 3.

Advertisement
Federman isn’t his sharpest today. He’s surrendered another run, and Rutgers still has two on and nobody out. 5-2.

Looked like Zamora got in Vilar’s way at second to prevent an inning ending double play. 5-3 with two outs and a runner on first.

Jenkins makes a catch at the warning track for the final out. Gates should get his first save opportunity in the 9th.

Advertisement
Tuero with the pinch hit walk to lead off the bottom of the 8th. Crosbie now pinch hitting for Moore.

Bloop single puts runners on first and second with no outs. Jenkins showing bunt.

Advertisement
Tuero scores after a Jenkins grounder and apparent injury by the Rutgers first baseman. Rutgers challenging something. 6-3.

The replay process in the ACC takes entirely too long.

Update: Call stands

Vilar keeps it going with another single. Runners on first and second with one out for Zamora.

Advertisement
Back