Romeo Finley this season

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
Not sure many would have believed it but he might be the most intriguing player to me on our entire defense this season.

We lose a lot of leadership on the backend and Romeo came outta nowhere to become one of the most reliable players on the team, but also a playmaker. None of that “oh he starts because he makes less mistakes” stuff.

Seems he finally put it all together and Manny put him in spots to succeed.

Can’t wait to see how he closes out his career here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if the staff is at all thinking of moving finley to safety this season to pair him with one of Hall,AC or Bolden.

He’s excelled at the striker position. He will continue to get better. He did well in coverage also.

I do Wonder how he will translate to the NFL
I think the NFL will move towards using nickel and dime looks more and more. They Have no choice but too at this point. You look at a guys like a mark Barron or deon Buchanan. If Finley improves on what he did last year it will do him good

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was made a striker in part because Jaquan and Redwine were the incumbent starters. Now that they're both gone I think he could lose a couple lbs and move back to safety. Derrick Smith is plenty capable of playing striker. The issue with Romeo at striker is that he split snaps with Smith and McCloud. As one of our best players he'll need to be on the field as much as Jaquan was imo.

Last edited:
1 of the many players im excited about. With the new S&C, an offense that will allow the D to get some rest, a punter that wont continuously put our D in bad spots, this could be an amazing season. I know we all talk about the loss of Willis, J Jackson, Jaquan, etc. But taking everything into account, I dont think we have any drop off on D. We have some special players that are ready to make a name for themselves. Obviously the Jr’s, and seniors. But guys like Nesta, Hall, Rousseau. These guys are elite talents. Cant wait!

Advertisement
He took a huge leap forward last season. His statistical grades were through the roof.

It’s probably a stretch but I wonder if the Frierson move is in preparation of potentially losing him after the season.
If you're talking about Finley, He's gonna be a Senior this coming season if I'm correct so he's gone after the season...

Advertisement
Back