Robinson Talks Recruiting

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
The 2015 recruiting class is filled with tons of talented defensive back prospects including Jaquan Johnson, Tyrek Cole and Kendrell McFaden, but not many are aware of Champagnat Catholic corner Gerald Robinson.

Robinson had been executing well on the defensive side of the ball for the Lions and has noticed teams are now aware of his talent.

“We’re doing good, we’re working hard and we’ve been doing a good job of having people step up and filling in for others. This far in the season, I’ve played good so far. Nobody really throws it on my side now, but if I had to rate my performance I’d give it an 8 out of 10.”

Robinson isn’t the only one in his family who has excelled at the corner position, as he is cousins with current LSU cornerback Rashard Robinson.

“That’s my cousin, he talks to every night almost. He tells me to keep working on my footwork and he tells me he’s gonna work with me when he gets down here.”

The 5’10 175 pound corner has been hearing from a good amount of schools lately including Louisville, Miami, Kentucky and USF.

The Champagnat product has a high amount of interest in the Hurricanes and even speaks with one of their current players.

“I like Miami a lot, I also have a lot of talking with Tracy Howard. I like the coaches a lot and how they’ve been winning this year.”

At the moment the athletic corner isn’t hearing much from Miami, but he still holds the ‘Canes high in his picture.

One school that is actively recruiting Robinson is the Kentucky Wildcats and he has taken notice of their efforts.

“Kentucky has been talking to me a lot, a lot more than Miami.”

When asked what he will be looking for in a school, Robinson stressed one key factor.

“Academics the most.”

Here is Robinson Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqZ5Krz_aCI&feature=youtu.be

Advertisement
There's always a plethora of ballers at skill positions in S FL.

Thanks Tito.

Well stoops is on him...I'll poke my head out to see what's up with him next yr if I'm um.

Sfla is Loaded with dbs for next yr we have the pick of the litter...

Advertisement
Robinson is ranked by Larry Blustein as Miami Dade top CB in 2015 class. So far only 2 passes has been thrown to his side (1 int, 1pbu). After the 7 on 7 season he will blow up. He's on same level as Cole he just more physical then Cole. Robinson grew up playing at Scott Lake and always wore #1 which says a lot about his talent. Robinson uncle played for UM Ethnic Sands.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back