Robert Knowles commits to Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
RobertKnowles.jpg

The recruiting process for Edison safety Robert Knowles (6-1, 185) was not the smoothest, but it looks like everything will turn out just the way he had hoped. After not receiving much college interest prior to this season, the playmaking safety committed to FIU more than a week ago. That was right before the Miami Hurricanes came calling. Today he switched his commitment from FIU to UM and intends to sign with Miami on signing day.

“Miami was always my dream school. I’ve been waiting and I’ve been patient. When it finally came, I was so excited and I spoke to my parents about it and they felt like it was the best fit for me to accomplish my goals of becoming an NFL player,” Knowles said.

Edison has not been known recently to put out big prospects, but Knowles stuck with the program even when he was going through times of doubt.

“My 11th grade year, I wanted to transfer at first because I thought I should have had more looks. I played hard and worked hard and I was just being patient and stayed for my last year and the attention came.

There has been speculation that the reason Knowles was not as big of a name as he should have been is because of some rumored struggles in the classroom, but things seem to be looking much more positive in that department.

“That situation is looking wonderful. I put in a lot of hard work and I had to push myself through it.”

(Note:) I am told that Miami feels good about his chances for qualifying at the moment.

Knowles described himself on the field.

“I’m an aggressive person, I can cover, and I know how to make big plays.”

His message for Canes fans?

“Let’s go Miami, lets go. We gotta get this money.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

DMoney's Scouting Report:

This guy might be my favorite prospect in the class. His recruitment has been a mystery, and I have no idea what his grades or off-field situation is. As a football player, though?

Knowles is explosive, light on his feet, and nasty. He's a legit 6'2 with the frame to grow into a big safety. If his grades check out, he should have been offered yesterday.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I highly recommend watching Knowles' senior highlights:

[video=youtube;5PoAGAIcEEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PoAGAIcEEw[/video]

Quote from Edison Assistant Coach Rene Arzu: Robert Knowles is EXPLOSIVE, has a huge football IQ, is fast, and is a natural born football player that can play on both sides of the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Happy to have a big-time local kid no matter who the coaching staff is. Welcome to the U. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Exceptional! Nice to have some good news on this board.

Pete, Chances of getting in without having to prep relative to Gray?

Last big time prospect I can remember from Edison was Brandon Washington in 2008. Even though he had transferred over to Miami Northwestern his senior year to play with Jacory, Spence, Forston, Aldarius, etc.

I like this pickup.

Advertisement
Find it ironic that he received an offer a few days after D$ mentioned Knowles.

Staff lurking these boards?

Anyways, nice to see a prospect coming out of Edison again. About time.

lol FIU tried to pull a fast one on us, this i a great find by the staff and D$ we need to get back to the basics take care of home and everything else will come, now lets go get fenton.

Advertisement
I like the kid but I don't buy that no other schools was onto him because of grades. That smells like horse****.

If he ever plays here it wont be untill his senior year... and i aint tryin to hate... but people I know are suprised he got a Miami offer..and he will qualify. great senior year against weak competition..late bloomer..If we recruit like we suppose to he will never play here

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like the kid but I don't buy that no other schools was onto him because of grades. That smells like horse****.

Kentucky wants him if that makes ya feel better and he got a letter from saban not an offer but a letter

Last edited:
Kid has incredible upside. Need a new db coach to get it out of him. Paul Williams is not going to cut it

Advertisement
Back