Rising Star Ishmael Enjoys Junior Day

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Not many have heard of North Miami Beach WR Steve Ishmael (6'2", 180), but that will change during this offseason circuit. South Florida recruiting guru Larry Blustein recently named Ishmael the #8 player for the 2014 class in South Florida. The budding star was on the Miami campus today for the Junior Day.

“My experience was good and fun. I liked the campus and he coaches most and foremost. I spoke to both Golden and Coley.”

Ishmael felt a good connection with both of the Miami coaches he spoke to.

“Those two were really sharing in the same things that I like and I got a great vibe from them.”

The junior day experience helped to change his thoughts on the Miami program.

“I didn’t really grow up liking them, but now I’m starting to like them a lot.”

While Ishmael had a breakout season this past year, he isn't satisfied with his success.

“I did well, but I’m focusing on improving because I feel like I can keep improving.”

[video=youtube;wMERTMgONtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMERTMgONtA[/video]

Advertisement
Who did he like growing up if it wasn't us?

Remember the coach of his high school had some beef with Miami because of Doug Wiggins. I'm hoping the ill feelings was just towards Corch and not the program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
you gotta realize people weren't sold on amari cooper's highlights either and look at him now, he looks like he could be a good possession receiver to me...

Advertisement
Looks like the kid has great ball skills but, I'm not sure he's got the speed to get separation. It doesn't look like he's got much polish in his route running either.

Advertisement
Straight beast! Kid puts on weight and watch our! Bolden ball skills and breaks lots of tackles

Is NMB the same highschool that Doug Wiggins went too?

Yes. He's a player. Its crazy to say but I dont even know if we have a spot. Dixon, Lane, and Rudolph would all be ahead of him on the board. 2014 is just loaded.

Pete, how many WRs do you think we take this year?

Never seen this many WRs and RBs in one class, and seems like ALL of them are in SFL!!!!

Advertisement
Back