Recruiting Update 7-9

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
-Defensive End Tim Williams from Baton Rouge is the top player in the state of Louisiana and has legitimate Miami interest. According to a source, Williams likes Miami along with LSU and Alabama at the top. LSU is becoming short on spots at end and are currently feeling good about their position with Torrodney Prevot from Texas. Miami’s chances with Williams falls almost directly on what happens with Prevot. If Prevot commits soon, LSU may be out of spots and would not take Williams’ commitment in all likelihood. Alabama is in a similar situation with limited spots as well, so things could be shaping up nicely for Miami. He is planning to visit Coral Gables for Rising Senior Day in August. A source also says that his high school coach is pro-Miami, which is also a positive.

-DB Rashard Robinson from Ely was recently offered after performing well at the last Al Golden Football Camp. LSU is in great position and the Tigers are expecting him to commit soon. It was going to be tough for Miami to have a good chance since they offered so late anyways. The DB recruiting will revolve around Jamal Carter, Artie Burns, Vernon Hargreaves, and Mackensie Alexander.

-2014 OL commit Trevor Darling is an extremely solid commit right one, but a source says that FSU is coming after him very hard and Alabama as well. Darling is a die-hard Canes fan, but this source tells me that possible sanctions may concern him. I fully expect him to stay committed throughout the next year and a half, but this is just something to keep an eye on.

-Southridge safety Jamal Carter is expected to be committing soon, possibly within the next month. The one caution that Canes fans should have is possible grades concerns. He needs to re-take the ACT to get a qualifying score and there are some transcript questions. The staff has laid out a plan for him to be able to qualify in time. This will be a situation where the staff is just going to have to cross their fingers and hope that Carter puts in the proper work.

Advertisement
Darling is a 5 star level (early commit will hurt him there) prospect so people will be lining up for him. We better get used to it with some of these 2014 kids.

You're a beast Pete.

Darling is a 5 star level (early commit will hurt him there) prospect so people will be lining up for him. We better get used to it with some of these 2014 kids.

You're a beast Pete.

Agreed, let's just hope the NCAA doesn't kill us.

I just can't feel good about T Williams, you have to think that LSU will find room for him, as would Bama.

good to hear that Tim Williams HS coach is pro-Cane. They also have a stud 2014 OL that just got a Cane offer durning a UM camp.

I like Robinson but LSU is tight now with Ely HS. Dont mind losing him if we get Burns, Carter, and VH3 or Alexander

Advertisement
Tim Williams is close to must-get territory. Our next best option(s) after him aren't even close. If we lose out on him it won't be for a lack of effort.

Darling isn't 5* caliber imo but he's not far off either. He's definitely a national recruit caliber of talent. I don't feel the same way about KC McDermott right now - he doesn't look Miami caliber based on Soph film.

Robinson is all LSU but if something unforeseen happens FSU is in the waiting.

Tim Williams is close to must-get territory. Our next best option(s) after him aren't even close. If we lose out on him it won't be for a lack of effort.

Darling isn't 5* caliber imo but he's not far off either. He's definitely a national recruit caliber of talent. I don't feel the same way about KC McDermott right now - he doesn't look Miami caliber based on Soph film.

First time I've heard this.

Everything I've heard is McDermott is legit.

He's been getting hyped up since before he even got to HS IIRC. You be your own judge:

[video=youtube;ldIoRUHexLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIoRUHexLc[/video]

Advertisement
Agreed with some of the posts above.

Getting Tim Williams would be a monster pick up.

But if hes the #1 player in the state of Louisiana how do you not find room for the kid.

Advertisement

He's been getting hyped up since before he even got to HS IIRC. You be your own judge:

[video=youtube;ldIoRUHexLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIoRUHexLc[/video]

I see a big kid who can really move in that film. He has a motor, and seems to play with a bit of a mean streak. He needs to get stronger, and improve his technique, but that IS video from only his 10th grade year.

hasena75 said:
Pete what are your gut feelings on Williams?

Tough to predict because there are obviously other factors that Miami has no control over, but I just think LSU will be tough to beat. He goes to school on the LSU campus. There is legitimate Miami interest, though and we are in the game

Advertisement
hasena75 said:
Pete what are your gut feelings on Williams?

Tough to predict because there are obviously other factors that Miami has no control over, but I just think LSU will be tough to beat. He goes to school on the LSU campus. There is legitimate Miami interest, though and we are in the game

Rumor has it he just had a kid...would make LSU even tougher to beat.

Yea from all the stuff I have read he has ALWAYS said Miami is one of his top schools and always brings up Miami.

Hey at least we are in the running.

IN AL WE TRUST!!

Cane Steve said:
Peter, can Robinson play S in your opinion?

Yes, but LSU has sold him on the fact that he can be the "next" Pat Peterson. Big athletic, corner

Advertisement
Back