Recruiting Update 12/12

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
It's been a busy day already in terms of recruiting news, so I figured I would start this thread and continue to add more to it as the day progresses.

**Miami received a bit of good news today when DT Lavon Hooks announced that he would be visiting Miami this weekend. Previously, some had suspected that Hooks would be taking his final official to Auburn, but instead he will take an unofficial there on Thursday before going to Miami for an official on Friday through the weekend. Hooks told me he made this decision after meeting with Miami coaches Al Golden and Jethro Franklin last night.

**Golden was at Pompano Ely today to visit CB Rashard Robinson (LSU commit). I was told over the weekend that Robinson's unofficial to Miami was successful and the coaches felt good about flipping him. An LSU source told me today that Robinson's Miami interest is very legitimate. It definitely seems like the coaches are turning up the pressure on him as of late. Remember, Robinson still has the option to take an official visit to Miami since last weekend was an unofficial.

**Just when it seems like Miami has made the move to the top of WR Stacy Coley's list, FSU has made a counter-move. Here is my post from a little while ago:
FSU is expected to receive a commitment from Boyd Anderson ATH Eddie Jackson tonight.

They offered Jackson today and in all likelihood he will commit tonight. He is a stud, but has had some grades questions throughout high school. Miami has taken a look at him as well.

Where this gets interesting is that Jackson happens to be very close with Stacy Coley. Somebody told me a couple months ago that "Coley is going wherever Jackson goes." That was tough to imagine back then because the big offers hadn't really been coming in until recently for Jackson (Tennessee, LSU, FSU have all offered in the last 3 weeks). I honestly don't think this offer had Coley directly in mind because like I said, I think Jackson is definitely worth of an offer, but this certainly gives FSU something else to sell with Coley.

We will see how it ultimately affects him.

**A 2015 kid to keep an eye on is OL Billy Atterbury (6'5", 250) of Clearwater Central Catholic. He will be a big-tme prospect within the next year and there is interest on both sides.

**FSU commit John Franklin told me he is expecting a visit from 'Noles OC James Coley tomorrow at school. This obviously means that Coley will be meeting with Franklin's teammate, Alex Collins.

**Hooks says he's "not sure" if he will bring any family members with him for the visit. Not sure if this is good or bad news for Miami, just a tidbit I though I should pass along. He had previously said a couple weeks ago that he would bring his family with him.

I will continue to add any updates to this thread as the night goes on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
golden making this another signing day for the history books. have a feeling canesinsight will have one massive fap circle come feb. 1

Advertisement
keep the info coming Pete, crunk about all the new current events

MOOOAARR!!!

118.gif

FSU's need to recruit 'friends' to get top prospects tells me their days recruiting south Florida are numbered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FSU is going to find themselves exactly where we are/were if they continue to offer and accept kids who have no business getting offers from them. Not directed at Jackson since I am not familiar with them but they don't want to play this game.

Very telling that Robinson came here unofficially when he certainly could have had us pay for it instead. That seems like a huge point there.

Advertisement
FSU is going to find themselves exactly where we are/were if they continue to offer and accept kids who have no business getting offers from them. Not directed at Jackson since I am not familiar with them but they don't want to play this game.

Very telling that Robinson came here unofficially when he certainly could have had us pay for it instead. That seems like a huge point there.

With half their staff gone, it might be the only way they can get kids out of south Florida now

Guys I'm telling you not to worry... golden got this... Its funny how Jimbo is chasing around all of Golden's recruits...

Kerr
Bryant
Collins
Whitfield
Burns

For Temple style recruiting, FSU sure has a lot of interest in our guys lolz

But how many of their guys do you see our staff chasing?

Yes I'm in full on homer mode today fellas

Advertisement
Back