Re: Update on Charles Perry's Development Requested Please

freespirted305

Freshman
For those in the canes family that follow West Palm Beach football closer than I do, how is Charles Perry progressing and developing. I have not heard much about him on the message boards or in articles. I think Linebacker will be an important position in 2015 and would greatly appreciate any info and will give out reps for insights. Thx!

Advertisement
Seems like he has a nice eye for the ball, nice closing speed. Seems a little small for what Golden likes at LB, so either he needs to put on weight or maybe he is a running back?

Perry
Sheppard
Kilby-Lane
Grimes

Could be a very nice linebacker class.

He may get up to 200-205 next season. I think he will be fine. More than likely help special teams or rs.

Advertisement
We should show this kid some love and get an interview with him soon. Seems to be a beast.

Advertisement
Here's some comments about Perry from 7-on-7s:

"The Miami commit looked every part of a topflight linebacker on Saturday, and displayed fluid hips in pass coverage, which wasn’t necessarily expected. Perry has played both offense and defense in high school, but stated he wants to be an outside linebacker in college with his 6-foot-2 frame, 210-pound frame.

Auburn and UCF have both extended offers in recent weeks, but Perry claims the “family atmosphere” is keeping him solid to the ‘Canes. Miami head coach Al Golden locked up Perry last summer, and he now will just have to fend off other suitors."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...e-16-7on7-tournament-20140308,0,7022203.story

Thanks and repped.

Advertisement
Back