Rayshawn Jenkins

Advertisement
Looks good but obviously needs to improve some. Got burned on the 3rd and 1 play action.

Advertisement
Looks good but obviously needs to improve some. Got burned on the 3rd and 1 play action.

He was fixing his chin strap when they snapped the ball. Still a young pup.

Last edited:
He has great feet and quickness so he transitions well in man coverage unlike most of our safeties. This is why I liked him as a prospect and was some surprised when some insiders said he couldn't play.

Jenkins is a guy that everyone needs to watch extremely closely. If he turns out ok, then Golden will have definitely raised an eyebrow or two of mine. Numerous knowledgeable guys were against this take in a huge way.

Advertisement
Jenkins is a guy that everyone needs to watch extremely closely. If he turns out ok, then Golden will have definitely raised an eyebrow or two of mine. Numerous knowledgeable guys were against this take in a huge way.

Yep. I'm not ready to say that Golden's Butch-esque, but I'm thrilled with what I'm seeing from Pierre, Jenkins, and EJ. (Terry, too, to some extent... his athleticism sticks out... we'll see if he can be coached up, but it's clear that he was a find).

Yep. I'm not ready to say that Golden's Butch-esque, but I'm thrilled with what I'm seeing from Pierre, Jenkins, and EJ. (Terry, too, to some extent... his athleticism sticks out... we'll see if he can be coached up, but it's clear that he was a find).

IMO, Jenkins has already done enough to prove he belongs. Whether he becomes a super star we shall see.

Advertisement
He still takes some bad angles in run support, too. but the talent is definitely there. Considering he should be redshirting, I think we have reason to be excited.

He looked real good. I think some people questioned the competition he played against in HS, but he passes.the eye test for a freshmenz.

Like what I'm seeing from him. Weren't people doubting Scott as well?

Scott? Who was doubting him? His game film looked like ahighlight. D´Mauri Jones is a Golden take that a lot of people were doubting, personally not a fan myself.

Advertisement
He looked real good. I think some people questioned the competition he played against in HS, but he passes.the eye test for a freshmenz.

True, and they also questioned his toughness and comittment after he went into a shell in the state championship game. His team was totally overmatched and he was getting punched in the mouth.

Scott? Who was doubting him? His game film looked like ahighlight. D´Mauri Jones is a Golden take that a lot of people were doubting, personally not a fan myself.

I remember people not wanting to take him because he "played no one"

Ah, ok. Don´t remember that, but it´s always a valid concern. But Scott really couldn´have looked any better against the guys he was playing, can´ ask for more that that.

I remember people not wanting to take him because he "played no one"

Ah, ok. Don´t remember that, but it´s always a valid concern. But Scott really couldn´have looked any better against the guys he was playing, can´ ask for more that that.

Yeah the concern with Scott was always competition. When it comes to the fans I think he was more of a victim of the talent we always hear about at WR in the area, then we get him to commit and everyone was like "WHO?!"

Advertisement
Back