NFL Raiders Go With No Fans for 2020

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium

Just another domino to watch in relation to us having any fans this year since Blake said we're going to follow the Dolphins decision. I still think college conferences will supercede any decisions by the NFL but only in the direction of restricting access (ie- the Fins try to play before 15000 fans and the ACC tells us we're playing before none).

Advertisement
I wonder if these no fan decisions are about our safety or more of an indication of how little we mean to sports this days.

You definitely have a point on the NFL level. CFB as a whole is much more dependent upon actual fan revenue.

Advertisement
The Raiders are one of the few organizations in the league where their diehard fans are literally the backbone of the team & a large % of them are still ****ed about the move from Oakland to Vegas.

Seeing a Raiders game with no Black hole is a clear indicator that **** has frozen over & 2020 is a sign of the Apocalypse.

The Raiders are one of the few organizations in the league where their diehard fans are literally the backbone of the team & a large % of them are still ****ed about the move from Oakland to Vegas.

Seeing a Raiders game with no Black hole is a clear indicator that **** has frozen over & 2020 is a sign of the Apocalypse.
Still ****ed about them moving to LA and then back to Oakland.

Advertisement
I don't know what the financials are, but there's no reason a stadium couldn't effectively maintain social distancing by seating between 10 and 15%. It could be that the overhead of operating the stadium would be too high at those numbers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back