Quan Lee, '22 WR (deCOMMITS)

Advertisement
Usually not a good sign when a kid from Gainesville isnt being recruited by the gators. And spare me the portis and lamar thomas stories. Recruiting has evolved a tad bit since then
So how hard are we on him? Is his offer a commitable* one? Are the gators talking to him? What camps did he go to this summer? Where is he on their board and ours? 🤔

So how hard are we on him? Is his offer a commitable* one? Are the gators talking to him? What camps did he go to this summer? Where is he on their board and ours? 🤔
He's under our "high choice" heading on 247, not on UF list. Either they don't like him, or he doesn't like them.

Advertisement
Usually not a good sign when a kid from Gainesville isnt being recruited by the gators. And spare me the portis and lamar thomas stories. Recruiting has evolved a tad bit since then
Is it a bad sign when South Florida kids aren't recruited by Miami? Because there are a ****load of kids we didn't recruit that I'd gladly have on the team right now

Advertisement
Is it a bad sign when South Florida kids aren't recruited by Miami? Because there are a ****load of kids we didn't recruit that I'd gladly have on the team right now

I think weve done a terrible job on evaluation for quite some time now. But there is a lot more talent in South FL than there is Gainesville

Advertisement
47A64338-D23E-4558-A714-BB8C0FCEC558.gif

Advertisement

😂😂you’re not wrong. I still think you’re missing the Portis and Thomas thing, but I have a short attention span.

My favorite is the current day argument that we should be owning Louisiana because of Reed and Wayne. 😂

Quan ran a 11.2 and 11.1 100m at the start of his sophomore track year before cancellations. Could be sub 100m this season. With a WR room full of potential over production, disappointment from two returning starters, and lack of size, Likens evaluations this cycle will be intriguing. The local options are not there for Miami this year. George, Smith, and Brinson felt assigned to him more than him choosing those 3 (this is not to say he did not love all 3).

Likens will have 2-3 open spots and has had plenty of time to scope out prospects - smith, george, and brinson were all committed by August. Likens prides himself as an evaluator, see how he talks about Brandon Aiyuk's recruitment.

Quan has been a productive player in both losing and winning situations. His junior year his receiving stats were 44/916/11 in 8 games. Went for 120 yards against North Marion as a sophomore. Possible KR/PR. Lower body looks well built for a HS JR WR, sheds off leg tackles. He can run and has good balance.

Last edited:
His highlights remind me of Zay Flowers, who I loved out of U-School. Nine plus minutes of big plays in all three phases. Competitive player.

Excited to see him at the Miami UA camp and to compare his explosiveness to the local WR crop. His long speed (11.14) is ok, significantly better than Elijah Moore at the same age. Hopefully he gets under 11 as a junior.

Advertisement
Back