Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

The more I think about it, the more I'd prefer to portal at QB when we need it and then take 2nd tier kids annually like Van Dyke, Emory Williams, Jake Garcia, Jacurri Brown, etc to build depth and experience.

Think about it. With King it worked out perfectly. Assumed 1 year rental (or 2) allows you to still recruit high ranking prospects, but not the 5* kids necessarily.

It's hard to stack 5* after 5* on the bench but you can get one every few years while guaranteeing experience through the portal and building depth with 2nd tier recruits. One 5* kid can ruin your depth, especially if they don't pan out. I'd rather keep 3+ 4* kids on the roster and play the odds than risk depleting my roster by going all in for a 5* kid.
Jake wasn’t a 2nd tier kid. He was a top 75 prospect in the entire country and a top 5 QB in the country. He’s playing like it as well and thats why everybody know he’s getting the keys to the Ferrari next year.

Advertisement
You're right.. Jake Garcia was a top 10 QB and top 50 player nationally.

I'm more referring to the top 5 guys that'll fetch the huge NIL deals right out of HS..this year there are 5 guys in that category it seems.
And you think Jake wouldn’t be getting the same deal? Lmao. We just gave him a huge deal to be the backup. Not even the starter.

I have no problem with kids getting paid. They’re putting their bodies on the line to bring entertainment to us. Unlike those in charge of the NCAA, making millions/billions off of these kids and reaping the benefits. Especially kids like Ahmmon, who should be in the NFL now making millions, but was medically retired… He would’ve been set for life if he had NIL deals. Luckily, he’s doing fine business wise, but not many others can say that.

I’m not saying don’t pay Rashada or any of these kids. We could’ve told Rashada, yes, here you go, but we haven’t YET. It’s easy for us to say pay them when it’s not coming out of our pockets. Yeah we donate to the school, go to games, etc but those NIL deals, as of now, aren’t coming out of our pockets.

I want us to do what it takes to win. As I’ve said before, Mario has been with two programs knows what it takes to win, in numerous ways. I trust him wholeheartedly. I know ultimately, he’s going to do whatever it takes for us to surpass what Bama has done.

The question becomes which QB is the better target - in 2023 or 2024? That individual is who you’re backing up the truck for.

Advertisement
Really like Rashada but we can’t be paying millions for a kid to sit on the bench…

Dline and Oline talent is where we need to pay the top dollars…Jawja just proved (again) you don’t need a super star at QB. Have a good system and a QB who fits in and you’ll have a **** good offense… this is college still

And you think Jake wouldn’t be getting the same deal? Lmao. We just gave him a huge deal to be the backup. Not even the starter.
He'd be in the same category as Chris Vizzina and Eli Holstein this year.

Maybe I'm just not hearing or seeing it but I don't see those two as the same tier as far as hype and NIL goes as Nico, Moore, Rashada, Arch, and Nelson.

Really like Rashada but we can’t be paying millions for a kid to sit on the bench…

Dline and Oline talent is where we need to pay the top dollars…Jawja just proved (again) you don’t need a super star at QB. Have a good system and a QB who fits in and you’ll have a **** good offense… this is college still
I don’t believe this and the numbers don’t back your statement…

Auburn and Jawja are the outliers..

It took UGA 6 years of recruiting top 5 classes before they had a roster stacked enough to not need a QB.

I’m not sure you guys really understand how difficult it is to build up a roster with more than 30+ 5-star players.

That’s why them winning that **** title last year was the worst thing that could’ve happened smh lol

Advertisement
It took UGA 6 years of recruiting top 5 classes before they had a roster stacked enough to not need a QB.

I’m not sure you guys really understand how difficult it is to build up a roster with more than 30+ 5-star players.

That’s why them winning that **** title last year was the worst thing that could’ve happened smh lol
TVD and Jake are buying Mario time but even Mario knows you need elevating talent at QB to consistently win. See Clemson.

Jake wasn’t a 2nd tier kid. He was a top 75 prospect in the entire country and a top 5 QB in the country. He’s playing like it as well and thats why everybody know he’s getting the keys to the Ferrari next year.
I’m with ya. Jake was Top 25 before COVID and his season was cancelled.

The more I think about it, the more I'd prefer to portal at QB when we need it and then take 2nd tier kids annually like Van Dyke, Emory Williams, Jake Garcia, Jacurri Brown, etc to build depth and experience.

Think about it. With King it worked out perfectly. Assumed 1 year rental (or 2) allows you to still recruit high ranking prospects, but not the 5* kids necessarily.

It's hard to stack 5* after 5* on the bench but you can get one every few years while guaranteeing experience through the portal and building depth with 2nd tier recruits. One 5* kid can ruin your depth, especially if they don't pan out. I'd rather keep 3+ 4* kids on the roster and play the odds than risk depleting my roster by going all in for a 5* kid.
In what world was TVD, JAKE GARCIA, AND Jacurri Brown 2nd tier.

Emory Williams is a guy that might end up in that tier. The other 3 had their pick of top 15 ranked teams to choose from.

Im taking those types if we can get in EVERY CLASS...especially with the qb drought weve been having.

TVD and Jake are buying Mario time but even Mario knows you need elevating talent at QB to consistently win. See Clemson.
Clemson won 10 games last yea and might get to the mnc this year...They also right back with a 5 star qb in the pike.

Clemson has evaluated their qbs well since like 06....with one or 2 years where they signed guys like Jon Richt lol

Advertisement
He'd be in the same category as Chris Vizzina and Eli Holstein this year.

Maybe I'm just not hearing or seeing it but I don't see those two as the same tier as far as hype and NIL goes as Nico, Moore, Rashada, Arch, and Nelson.
He'd be higher considering he is from CALI...THEN MIRACULOUSLY ENDED UP PLAYING ON TWO GEORGIA FOOTBALL POWERHOUSES and was ALREADY o a netflix tv show. We got lucky lol

Kirby built a monster

Advertisement
the programs we are trying to catch up to back up the truck for a QB every year.

2017 - Jake Fromm
2018 - Justin Fields
2019 - D’Wan Mathis
2020 - Carson Beck
2021 - Brock Vandagriff
2022 - Gunnar Stockton

Kirby only took one QB in 6 years that was ranked outside the On300 and QB is still probably the weakest position on his team. This notion that you can basically take a year or two off from recruiting the top QB’s is ridiculous.

Clemson won 10 games last yea and might get to the mnc this year...They also right back with a 5 star qb in the pike.

Clemson has evaluated their qbs well since like 06....with one or 2 years where they signed guys like Jon Richt lol
Exactly. Whole point of that post. Thats how they turned from an 8 win program to the best program in the conference.

the programs we are trying to catch up to back up the truck for a QB every year.

2017 - Jake Fromm
2018 - Justin Fields
2019 - D’Wan Mathis
2020 - Carson Beck
2021 - Brock Vandagriff
2022 - Gunnar Stockton

Kirby only took one QB in 6 years that was ranked outside the On300 and QB is still probably the weakest position on his team. This notion that you can basically take a year or two off from recruiting the top QB’s is ridiculous.
The mediocrity isn't confined to UM. CIS has become infected with being an 8-4 board. "Skipping a year on elite QB" and "saving money for something else" is what gets you the last 20 years being a laughing stock. Everyone that thinks these are good ideas should have the fúck slapped out of them.

He'd be higher considering he is from CALI...THEN MIRACULOUSLY ENDED UP PLAYING ON TWO GEORGIA FOOTBALL POWERHOUSES and was ALREADY o a netflix tv show. We got lucky lol
I was going by his 247 composite ranking.. I'm not smart enough to rate these kids myself.

Advertisement
Back