Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

So a talented high school QB that hasent set foot on campus? Means you have no issue with forcing out two QBs who were also high school studs makes sense to you then have your opinion. Has zero to do with fear! I can argue your point of view is toxic, mentally weak and ridiculous but I’ll just say we can agree to disagree. Your strategy has also been proven to have caused coaches to be fired. Since you need it spelled out for you I never said don’t sign Rashanda. My point was more to do with what a kid in todays world will do with respect to where he signs. Maybe the kid doesn’t fear a battle. Maybe he does. I’ll stand by my point in how I feel coaches will choose to recruit the position
A lot of porsters have already entered TVD into the draft after this season. What happens if he has average/mediocre season? Do you think Garcia stays for yr3 as a backup? Would you be cool having Emory and Jacurri for '24? The point is noone has earned the QB job other than TVD. If bringing in the best possible player makes someone leave it's not a loss. If Rashada is better than Garcia and Brown would you want him to sit behind them? Whoever we sign as QB has boom or bust potential I would rather sign player who has higher floor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People are saying Rashada wouldn’t want to come here because of the comp in front of him. In reality he’s got Jake Garcia who was a mid 4 star and Jacurri who was a low 4 star presumably “in front of him”. Meanwhile our main comp for him appears to be Bama, A&M, and Oregon. Bama has high 4 star Milroe and 5 Star Thompson in front of him, A&M also has a 5* in front of him, and Oregon just signed a borderline 5* last class as well. I love our QB room as much as the next guy but we’re not exactly stacked beyond comprehension to where a guy sees the room and is like oh no way I’ll ever start there. All of his top suitors have high ranked prospects ahead of him. If we miss out him, it feels like it will be because we’re not going to just throw money at him. Well offer a fair NIL deal and if he goes elsewhere, 🤷🏼‍♂️

Whatchu talking about Willis?

There were 332 4-stars in 2021 (don't get me started). Your "mid" 4-star Jake Garcia was the 14th highest ranked 4-star in the country at any position. That puts him right around the 4th percentile. Elite. And he was the #2 4-star QB, fractionally behind Ty Thompson.

FYI he was ranked about 47 spots higher than your "high" 4-star Jalen Milroe.

Jake was also ranked only 19 spots below where Rashada is ranked now.

Also there were 349 4-stars in 2022. Brown was the 221st highest ranked 4-star. There were 128 lower ranked 4-stars below him. I wouldn't call him a "low" 4-star at all.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure according to the NCAA rules and $EC bylaws, that's going to result in recruiting penalties and possibly a scholarship reduction...

... for Missouri.

Nah, Missouri is showing signs. They will penalize the worst SEC team not named Vanderbilt.

So UF better get their act together.

Advertisement

There were 332 4-stars in 2021 (don't get me started). Your "mid" 4-star Jake Garcia was the 14th highest ranked 4-star in the country at any position. That puts him right around the 4th percentile. Elite. And he was the #2 4-star QB, fractionally behind Ty Thompson.

Also there were 349 4-stars in 2022. Brown was the 221st highest ranked 4-star. There were 128 lower ranked 4-stars below him. I wouldn't call him a "low" 4-star at all.
I’ve already corrected myself on this! Lol I thought I remembered Jake falling further than he did. Either way the point still stands.

Of course I do. But there are people here who think Jake is better than TVD, or neck and neck with him. TVD is very much on the Round 1 radar next year. Long way to go for sure, but as of today he’s being talked up as a first-round pick. If Jake is truly better than he is, would it surprise you or anyone if Jake plays well in 2023 and bounces to the league after that?

If Jake really is > TVD, he’s not gonna be here in 2024. We need a QB this class to compete with Brown.
If we get TVD and Garcia to both be drafted 1st round in back to back years, then we won’t have to worry about recruiting QBs for a minute. Think about that. Their success will only attract top talent.

I want Rashada. Many here still want Rashada. What I/we don’t want is for Miami to pay him the money his father is allegedly lookin for, for him, to potentially sit on the bench for two years then transfer out. It makes no sense to pay a kid that kind of money if he isn’t starting right away.

Advertisement
I want Rashada. Many here still want Rashada. What I/we don’t want is for Miami to pay him the money his father is allegedly lookin for, for him, to potentially sit on the bench for two years then transfer out. It makes no sense to pay a kid that kind of money if he isn’t starting right away.
Once again, we keep making these assumptions that these giant NIL contracts are guaranteed money.

Once again, we keep making these assumptions that these giant NIL contracts are guaranteed money.
because they are contracts and specifically can’t be pay for play connected so yes if the kid lives up to his obligations they are

If paying Rashada leads to other big time recruits jumping in the boat, it’s a win to me. With the way the portal is setup, if TVD and Jake do what we think they’re capable of the next couple years, you’d have to think we’d be a pretty big destination for top transfer QBs if for some reason Rashada transfers.

Then take yourself to your safe space. You want to take these type of QBs then you pay the tag. This is an investment as much as it is a recruitment and not all investments make you money. Not stacking these type of kids leave you with Kirby Freeman and Jacorey Harris to QB your team.

Advertisement
because they are contracts and specifically can’t be pay for play connected so yes if the kid lives up to his obligations they are
There are multiple ways to side step all those things. Working in the cannabis space, I see deals that need to work within overzealous social equity structures regularly. Lawyers, good ones, have clever ways to come up with sophisticated clawbacks on equity. I haven’t seen an NIL contract, have you? I’m not saying I’m right here but what I am saying is that it’s all speculation that it is guaranteed money as much as that isn’t. I do know that a certain poster with a name likeness to a certain burrough of a major city on here claimed that Nico’s wasn’t guaranteed.

Then take yourself to your safe space. You want to take these type of QBs then you pay the tag. This is an investment as much as it is a recruitment and not all investments make you money. Not stacking these type of kids leave you with Kirby Freeman and Jacorey Harris to QB your team.
It’s fckn KILLING some of these dudes that these young men are getting paid. It’s not their money and they still can’t stand to see it! They desperately want something to be wrong with it so they can talk **** about the parents and the kids. The HATE is real.

Stop trying limit the earning potential of these student athletes. It’s not an issue when coaches are securing these ridiculous contracts that they don’t deserve. Creating generational wealth for their families in some cases.

The more I think about it, the more I'd prefer to portal at QB when we need it and then take 2nd tier kids annually like Van Dyke, Emory Williams, Jake Garcia, Jacurri Brown, etc to build depth and experience.

Think about it. With King it worked out perfectly. Assumed 1 year rental (or 2) allows you to still recruit high ranking prospects, but not the 5* kids necessarily.

It's hard to stack 5* after 5* on the bench but you can get one every few years while guaranteeing experience through the portal and building depth with 2nd tier recruits. One 5* kid can ruin your depth, especially if they don't pan out. I'd rather keep 3+ 4* kids on the roster and play the odds than risk depleting my roster by going all in for a 5* kid.

Advertisement
We? Speak for yourself. No offense, but you make it seem as if it’s your money.

Mario told us we are trying to compete with Bama. Rashada is that level of qb…Stack chips, competition. Remember?

The more I think about it, the more I'd prefer to portal at QB when we need it and then take 2nd tier kids annually like Van Dyke, Emory Williams, Jake Garcia, Jacurri Brown, etc to build depth and experience.

Think about it. With King it worked out perfectly. Assumed 1 year rental (or 2) allows you to still recruit high ranking prospects, but not the 5* kids necessarily.

It's hard to stack 5* after 5* on the bench but you can get one every few years while guaranteeing experience through the portal and building depth with 2nd tier recruits. One 5* kid can ruin your depth, especially if they don't pan out. I'd rather keep 3+ 4* kids on the roster and play the odds than risk depleting my roster by going all in for a 5* kid.
As a prospect, I don’t think Garcia was second tier. TVD was but he developed into a tier 1. Emory and Jacurri are second tier, good prospects but have some concerns. Emory is can his traits translate to the next level and Jacurri is raw but with some elite tools.

"there are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

As a prospect, I don’t think Garcia was second tier. TVD was but he developed into a tier 1. Emory and Jacurri are second tier, good prospects but have some concerns. Emory is can his traits translate to the next level and Jacurri is raw but with some elite tools.
You're right.. Jake Garcia was a top 10 QB and top 50 player nationally.

I'm more referring to the top 5 guys that'll fetch the huge NIL deals right out of HS..this year there are 5 guys in that category it seems.

Advertisement
Back