Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Is he school that produced DJ Williams still a NorCal powerhouse?
De La Salle? They are still a solid program, but nothing like they were when they won 150 games in a row. Think they play in a private school league too out there so comp isn't as fierce. The played STA a few years back and lost 24-14 in the opener.

Advertisement
De La Salle? They are still a solid program, but nothing like they were when they won 150 games in a row. Think they play in a private school league too out there so comp isn't as fierce. The played STA a few years back and lost 24-14 in the opener.
Yep exactly, around the mid 2000s De La Salle kinda got picky with the kids they recruited and the option offense they ran didn’t help.

The league they play in isn’t filled with private schools but big public schools from San Ramon, Danville, and Walnut Creek area(big money areas of the Bay Area)

@Billy D Williams California created the open division around 2008 or 2009. They played in the title game I think 10 times and have won it 6 I believe since the division was created, but have not won since 2015. So not state champs for a while, but not ancient history and not irrelevant.

Last edited:
Missed the game because I was in NY for work.. Folsom picked off Jaden 4 times, two were off tips or drops. Jaden is a great player and gets better every game but he still needs reps and some seasoning as a player.

There’s a reason why I said this game against Folsom will be key, only team on Pitt schedule that can match them talent wise until deep in playoffs.

Advertisement
Before I get crucified, all these young HS QBs need work. He’ll bounce back lol I just don’t want everyone crowning him as a savior. Amazing work ethic and he has all the tools
And nothing is wrong with that. We need to temper our expectations. Kid is going to do great but there is nothing wrong with him taking time to develop.

Great article from Brandon Hoffman, West Coast 247 writer

Rashada is focused on taking his team to a state title, after falling one game short last year.

"This is my last go around so I'm going to bet on myself at the end of the day," said Rashada. "No matter what, this is the year that we have to do it, this is my last chance. I want to win that state championship. Now is the time."

He said he and the rest of the class was as shocked as everyone else when the Canes landed Cormani.

"We barely talked about it and even when he sent me a message about a week before, I was like, 'nah, no way', but we didn’t really talk about it," said Rashada. "So I was pretty shocked too."

"With Francis (Mauigoa), Riley (Williams), Cormani, Jayden (Wayne), coach (Mario) Cristobal keeps saying 'you guys are the future. Coach Cristobal has been saying this class has to be the class full of guys ready to work and ready to be there for their team. He’s definitely excited to bring this class in, its his first full class he’s been recruiting so he's pretty excited to bring this class in."

Rashada says he speaks with Mario, Frank Ponce and Josh Gattis regularly.

"Coach Ponce and coach Cristobal and I talk a lot and me and coach Gattis have a pretty real relationship," said Rashada. "I know the offense, you can tell they're trying to get everyone on the same page but everybody is just trying to get used to a new playbook and new coaches are getting used to new players. Everything is new, you can’t expect it to be sunshine the first year back, but everybody meshing together will get them right."

Jaden says he has been building great relationships with the rest of his class.

"I have a great relationship with Malik Bryant, me and Malik were close since IMG and that's my guy right there," said Rashada. "Me and Francis are pretty cool, Robby Washington and Bobby Washington too from playing with the Immortals and then Ray Ray (Nathaniel Joseph). You can tell they are good people."

Rashada said no matter what has happened this year with Miami, he's solid to the Canes.

"Yeah there are still schools reaching out to my dad and coaches, but I am solid to Miami," said Rashada.

Rashada will play in the Under Armour All-America Game in January and the Polynesian Bowl later that month before he enrolls at Miami.

Great article from Brandon Hoffman, West Coast 247 writer

Rashada is focused on taking his team to a state title, after falling one game short last year.

"This is my last go around so I'm going to bet on myself at the end of the day," said Rashada. "No matter what, this is the year that we have to do it, this is my last chance. I want to win that state championship. Now is the time."

He said he and the rest of the class was as shocked as everyone else when the Canes landed Cormani.

"We barely talked about it and even when he sent me a message about a week before, I was like, 'nah, no way', but we didn’t really talk about it," said Rashada. "So I was pretty shocked too."

"With Francis (Mauigoa), Riley (Williams), Cormani, Jayden (Wayne), coach (Mario) Cristobal keeps saying 'you guys are the future. Coach Cristobal has been saying this class has to be the class full of guys ready to work and ready to be there for their team. He’s definitely excited to bring this class in, its his first full class he’s been recruiting so he's pretty excited to bring this class in."

Rashada says he speaks with Mario, Frank Ponce and Josh Gattis regularly.

"Coach Ponce and coach Cristobal and I talk a lot and me and coach Gattis have a pretty real relationship," said Rashada. "I know the offense, you can tell they're trying to get everyone on the same page but everybody is just trying to get used to a new playbook and new coaches are getting used to new players. Everything is new, you can’t expect it to be sunshine the first year back, but everybody meshing together will get them right."

Jaden says he has been building great relationships with the rest of his class.

"I have a great relationship with Malik Bryant, me and Malik were close since IMG and that's my guy right there," said Rashada. "Me and Francis are pretty cool, Robby Washington and Bobby Washington too from playing with the Immortals and then Ray Ray (Nathaniel Joseph). You can tell they are good people."

Rashada said no matter what has happened this year with Miami, he's solid to the Canes.

"Yeah there are still schools reaching out to my dad and coaches, but I am solid to Miami," said Rashada.

Rashada will play in the Under Armour All-America Game in January and the Polynesian Bowl later that month before he enrolls at Miami.

Sounds like a kid focused on football and not recruiting others which is fine. QB’s can be leaders on the field

Advertisement
Is this kid good enough to start next season?
This is actually a great question.

Jacurri has talent, but he needs a simple offense to minimize his thinking and let his talent take over. Game is moving too fast right now.

An offense like Dan Mullen I think Jacurri would thrive in. Uses QB run game, but also has some simple reads and throws.

Is this kid good enough to start next season?
Doubt it, but would hope so. Sure doesn't look like our QB for the future is on this current roster. Looks like the current three will be back (no pro showcase season his year for TVD) and that's not good news. Jacurri's passing prowess makes you long for Perry. Garcia? I'll pass.

Advertisement
no.. We have no speeeeeed and no playmakers to put around him.. We start parrish and he is like a 3rd string rb, big play for him is like a 8 yard gain.. When players like him start you are in BIG trouble
Of course, he was supposed to be the third stringer you mention, playing behind Chaney and Knighton. Youre dead right about no playmakers -- at any position, defense or offense. Well, maybe Kinchens.

Advertisement
no.. We have no speeeeeed and no playmakers to put around him.. We start parrish and he is like a 3rd string rb, big play for him is like a 8 yard gain.. When players like him start you are in BIG trouble

If you really think we're going to trot out there Parrish as our starter and Redding as WR, you're in for a surprise.

We'll be on the look out for a 1A RB, a 1A WR and quite possibly a 1A QB in the portal.

Advertisement
Back