• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS!!!!

MikeCane18

Freshman
Is he school that produced DJ Williams still a NorCal powerhouse?
De La Salle? They are still a solid program, but nothing like they were when they won 150 games in a row. Think they play in a private school league too out there so comp isn't as fierce. The played STA a few years back and lost 24-14 in the opener.

awill510

Recruit
De La Salle? They are still a solid program, but nothing like they were when they won 150 games in a row. Think they play in a private school league too out there so comp isn't as fierce. The played STA a few years back and lost 24-14 in the opener.
Yep exactly, around the mid 2000s De La Salle kinda got picky with the kids they recruited and the option offense they ran didn’t help.

The league they play in isn’t filled with private schools but big public schools from San Ramon, Danville, and Walnut Creek area(big money areas of the Bay Area)

westcoastcanes

Put you out dick in to be puchina
Premium
@Billy D Williams California created the open division around 2008 or 2009. They played in the title game I think 10 times and have won it 6 I believe since the division was created, but have not won since 2015. So not state champs for a while, but not ancient history and not irrelevant.

Last edited:

awill510

Recruit
Missed the game because I was in NY for work.. Folsom picked off Jaden 4 times, two were off tips or drops. Jaden is a great player and gets better every game but he still needs reps and some seasoning as a player.

There’s a reason why I said this game against Folsom will be key, only team on Pitt schedule that can match them talent wise until deep in playoffs.

Before I get crucified, all these young HS QBs need work. He’ll bounce back lol I just don’t want everyone crowning him as a savior. Amazing work ethic and he has all the tools
And nothing is wrong with that. We need to temper our expectations. Kid is going to do great but there is nothing wrong with him taking time to develop.