Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Have you ever watched his film? He’s good, but if his last name wasn’t Manning, he wouldn’t be getting the same attention.
I watched the highlights. I see a guy with decent size and good enough athleticism, a quick release and good accuracy. I don't really buy that Kirby and Saban are chasing the inevitable attention a manning qb is going to take away from the team without thinking he is good. I can understand preferring a stronger arm or more scrambling ability, but I think he is getting knocked for his name not for his game. I am not an expert by any means, there just may be people on both sides - over rating because of the name, and hating because of the name. Totally fine to not like the skill set.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s nice but I don’t think he has a cannon to throw it really deep. I still would take him though. He throws a nice touch n threads the needle. He has a good enough arm to make all the throws.
Did you actually watch his HUDL? He was throwing Bombs all over the field...

His Deep Ball is literally the best aspect of his game lol

What is it about California that produces so many top HS QBs every year.
Three of the top five and four of the the top ten are clfrom Cal.

I watched the highlights. I see a guy with decent size and good enough athleticism, a quick release and good accuracy. I don't really buy that Kirby and Saban are chasing the inevitable attention a manning qb is going to take away from the team without thinking he is good. I can understand preferring a stronger arm or more scrambling ability, but I think he is getting knocked for his name not for his game. I am not an expert by any means, there just may be people on both sides - over rating because of the name, and hating because of the name. Totally fine to not like the skill set.
Like I said he’s good, but I don’t think he’s getting knocked because of his name, he’s getting bumped up because he’s Peyton Manning’s nephew.

Honestly, a lot of NFL players kids get that bump

Why do I keep seeing people hate on arch manning? Do people really think college coaches are wowed by a name and not a skill set? He seems to have the big boys after him, doesn’t he?
Jealousy. Boredom. Human nature to rip other apart due to the fact that they are not happy in their own skin.

Advertisement
Top 50 QB who has a list that is wide open. Attends Pittsburg High in Pittsburg, California. Pops played at ASU and they are a dumpster fire right now. Played with my brother last year after transferring in from IMG by way of Liberty High School in Brentwood(he was the backup for 4 star QB who signed to Oregon). I think he’s worth an offer because Nico(top QB on the board) is Bama or Oregon bound in my opinion.

Jaden has a great arm but he’ll definitely need time to add weight and grow as a QB(past season first year starting). Pitt is in the highest classification in California and in my opinion is a top 3 Public HS program in NorCal. I think we should definitely take a look at him.

I just wished he didn’t look so much like Jarren Williams

He’s originally from Southern Cali in Temecula, but then moved up NorCal.

Agree with OP, I’m high on this kid, IMO he’s the 3rd best QB in the 23 class.

He has a huge arm, pure cannon with very good velocity on the ball, he’s a Baseball player so

& like OP said he was a backup for Jay Butterfield at Liberty who signed with Oregon, so last year was his first year as a full time starter he threw for 2,220yds 27TD’s & 5INT’s.

He reminds me of Jayden Daniels coming out of HS, but I think he’s a more polished passer.

AZ ST was recruiting him to be the next next Jayden lol, but since Zak Hill stepped down & their program is under the scope right now with nearly their entire offense getting fired & this most likely being Herm’s last year, I think Miami can get in on his recruitment & battle it out with UCLA for him.

This kid’s upside & potentiality is really next level.
Top 2 being?

To kill more time till signing day, why is Pittsburg California not spelled with an H? It is the other way around. During the late 1800's, the Federal government decreed that all US cities ending with " BURG" could not then end with an H. Pittsburgh PA had such a long history of their name that it was able to obtain an exemption. Hence they are the only with H on the end. Think Gettysburg for example.

Advertisement
To kill more time till signing day, why is Pittsburg California not spelled with an H? It is the other way around. During the late 1800's, the Federal government decreed that all US cities ending with " BURG" could not then end with an H. Pittsburgh PA had such a long history of their name that it was able to obtain an exemption. Hence they are the only with H on the end. Think Gettysburg for example.
Spartanburg too

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would answer this ?, but I don’t wanna sound like a Cali biased homer.
Let it rip big homie, we all know you’re not a homer.

I would say it has a lot to do with the private QB coaching a lot of the Cali kids receive, the majority of 4/5-star QB’s from Cali have personal QB coaches from the time they’re 12 years old until they graduate.

They also have a strong Baseball culture like Texas does & those two states produce the best QB’s on an annual basis as far as college prospects is concerned.

Hes got some nice little wr catching the ball for him as well. Them dudes all catching with there hands.

Advertisement
Back