Pugh Has Miami in Top List

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Godby Linebacker Jacob Pugh is coming off not only his team's best season, but also one of his own.

“We won a state championship by beating Immokalee (Fla.) in the state championship which was great. I think I did well, I finished the season with 98 tackles, 8 sacks, two interceptions and 5 forced fumbles.”

Pugh is listed as 6’4" and 205 pounds and talked about the advantage he has with his height.

“I feel as if sometime I don’t really need to dive to get people down when I can just reach and wrap them up easily. I can still put the hit on people but I don’t have to as often.”

Pugh seems to be enjoying the recruiting process, as he holds interest from multiple schools around the country.

“It’s going great, I got offered by Florida State on Saturday. My top list of schools right now are Florida State, Miami, Kentucky, North Carolina and probably Southern California.”

Pugh has a serious interest in the 'Canes and cites their coaching staff as a main reason.

“I really like the coaches. I really like the defense they run and I also like the environment down in Miami.”

Pugh was a part-Miami fan growing up, as he rooted for multiple teams other then Miami.

“I grew up a partial 'Canes fan, as well as a Florida State fan. I grew up as a big Miami fan but I was young so I was bouncing around from other teams as well.”

Pugh is in regular contact with Wide Receivers Coach Brennan Carroll and talked about his impression of him.

“I don’t really know much of him because we only started talking from the end of the season, but he seems like a straight up coach.”

Pugh is planning to make it down to Miami for a Camp during the summer, to show off his skills for the coaches.

As far as what he will be looking for, Pugh does have a list of things he will be looking for in a school.

“I want to make sure I’m getting my education and I also want to make sure to be surrounded by good people that I can trust and also just a good football team.”

Advertisement
it would be nice to pull a player from Tally for once. I just don't see it happening in this case.

Wow, let's do a little research before selling folks that this kid may end up a Cane. The last I checked his high school coach was Ronnie Cottrell, a good guy and former recruiting coordinator at FSU and also Alabama. Unless they're not interested, highly unlikely he ends up at Miami.

Wow, let's do a little research before selling folks that this kid may end up a Cane. The last I checked his high school coach was Ronnie Cottrell, a good guy and former recruiting coordinator at FSU and also Alabama. Unless they're not interested, highly unlikely he ends up at Miami.

I think you should do a little research because there are Pro-UM guys around that program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back