2022 Prospect to watch: Ahmad Moten picks Miami

Advertisement
Sometimes. If you've never heard of a FL kid visiting a cold weather school in January and hating it, you must be new.

But I concede that it's not always weather that can scare a kid away from a fly-over school. Sometimes its a lack of legit pu$$y as well.

Hear you on that, but mostly any school and big ones at that are the land of milk and honey to a high school kid.

Advertisement
Ohio State tries to get the Southern kids to visit early. They don’t want them to come once it starts getting cold. It definitely makes a difference for some.

They try to get them there on GameDay weekends. Can't stand OSU, but their game environment is top notch. That's the consideration, not the weather.

They try to get them there on GameDay weekends. Can't stand OSU, but their game environment is top notch. That's the consideration, not the weather.
OSU vs Michigan, which is late in the season, would be the best environment out of all of their games. I wonder how many Florida kids they bring on an official visit for that game when it’s in Columbus. I don’t think it’s that common. They tend to bring them in September.

Hear you on that, but mostly any school and big ones at that are the land of milk and honey to a high school kid.

45E255B8-0E47-4254-B84D-45D9E1BF6BE7.jpeg

Honestly if kids go to **** near any power 5 school it’s going to be the land of milk and honey. A few exceptions but them spots are gold mines

Advertisement
I had absolutely no idea a&m was that high in enrollment. Wow

You're not the only one.

Amy new school, you get around that many kids your age or close to it, it's exciting as ****. Fit young ladies on every campus. Remember that feeling heading off to high school, now magnify it times 20 to 50x and you're the master of your own destiny. Great times everywhere.

I had absolutely no idea a&m was that high in enrollment. Wow
Well this says they're below UCF 🤷‍♂️

University of Central Florida

RankingUniversityEnrollment
Ten largest public university campuses by enrollment during the 2020–21 academic year
1University of Central Florida71,948
2Texas A&M University71,109
3Ohio State University61,369

Are any other boosters in America on twitter spaces talking to kids their school is recruiting?

Tuned in for a second and had to cut it off, some of that stuff was extremely cringe and I hope this doesn’t turn into a thing lol.
What would you want us to do differently besides not interview them at all?

What would you want us to do differently besides not interview them at all?

I don’t mind the kids coming on, but I think our biggest and richest booster on there asking them questions like who is the best coach in CFB in front of 300+ cane fans on a cane show scaring the kids to say anything besides Mario Cristobal, how much would staying home mean to you, giving his number to the parents of recruits etc aint a good look.

Gangstas move in silence. You don’t see other top programs doing any of this. Just aint a good look. I know several will disagree, and I don’t care. Disagree, it’s JMO.

Advertisement
I don’t mind the kids coming on, but I think our biggest and richest booster on there asking them questions like who is the best coach in CFB in front of 300+ cane fans on a cane show scaring the kids to say anything besides Mario Cristobal, how much would staying home mean to you, giving his number to the parents of recruits etc aint a good look.

Gangstas move in silence. You don’t see other top programs doing any of this. Just aint a good look. I know several will disagree, and I don’t care. Disagree, it’s JMO.
Not only is it cringe but also makes me nervous from a compliance standpoint. Didn’t do anything wrong but it’s at least a yellow flag.

Thanks for the input and I agree. I will certainly have a talk with the guys.

Advertisement

100% agree. Twitter spaces is becoming an incredibly powerful tool. Just last night we had talented players and their own fathers interacting directly with our fan base and boosters. That’s a rare thing to see.

But there’s definitely some weirdness there. Need to be careful as you never know who is listening in. It could easily get out of control.

Last edited:
The recruiting sweepstakes for four-star 2022 defensive tackle Ahmad Moten have anything but cooled since he dropped his top five of Oklahoma, Miami, Iowa State, Tennessee and North Carolina on Dec. 21. All five are still in the running, and a new school is trying to wedge their way in ahead of National Signing Day.

The Cardinal Gibbons defensive tackle took his first official visit the weekend of Dec. 10 to Iowa State. Since then, he has visited Tennessee and North Carolina. Moten spoke about his time in Knoxville. “It was cool,” Moten said. “Real good and genuine people. Both (UNC) visits were good with honest people. They are not selling me a dream.” The Volunteers are not done making pitches to Moten, they are stopping by his area Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) home tonight. “They are coming by the house later,” Moten stated. “We will chop it up.”

For the Tar Heel fans, more was shared on his time with the UNC coaching staff. “I talked to them today, we were catching up on the visit.” Moten said. “I am not sure when they are coming down, but we will definitely keep in contact. Coach (Tim) Cross (DL) and coach (Mack) Brown, they are my guys.” Moten continued talking about his time with coach Brown. “Coach Brown, he shocked me,” Moten shared. “I didn’t know he was like that with his personality. He’s laid back and chill. He’s a great guy, very genuine. When he speaks, it is out of respect.”

The next stop on Moten’s schedule is a weekend visit to Oklahoma traveling with his mom and dad. “I finally get to meet them, and I get to meet coach (Brent) Venables,” Moten shared. “They are defensive gurus. I am ready to watch some tape, see the campus and have some fun.”

The Miami official visit is set for Jan. 28-30. Moten spoke about his developing relationship with coach Mario Cristobal.
“It is good,” Moten said. “Coach Cristobal was talking to me while he was at Oregon. We are having the same conversations, just under a different color jersey.”

No other in-home or unofficial visits are set, but the Florida Gators are trying to get into the mix. “That relationship is just getting started,” Moten said. “I think I already know my decision; I already have my schools. I can’t visit them.”

From the outside, the recruiting journey may seem like fun, but it comes with its own set of stresses and pressures. Moten shared his personal perspective on his process. “It is a hard thing to do,” Moten stated. “Everyone is good. That is what they are doing is trying to sell me. It is a process. We’ll see.” All five schools are still in the running per Moten. “My recruiting is still the same,” Moten said. “Everyone is fine. I think it will come down to a last second decision. Then we will go from there.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back