Proof There Is A God

Maddog71

Freshman
Close thread. There is nothing that will top this.
When I was a freshman in high school my classmate Stan and I decided to skip school. Since there was nobody home at my house we went there. At one point we decided to get a few bottles of soda from the bar down the street. When we went in we grabbed the soda and called out for the bartender to pay him. He never came so I reach around he bar and took a half pint of whiskey. Long story short...we got blasted.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
When I was a freshman in high school my classmate Stan and I decided to skip school. Since there was nobody home at my house we went there. At one point we decided to get a few bottles of soda from the bar down the street. When we went in we grabbed the soda and called out for the bartender to pay him. He never came so I reach around he bar and took a half pint of whiskey. Long story short...we got blasted.
My father had a nice assortment of liquor. He used to make a variety of cocktails 3 or 4 times a week when he got home. He never noticed the quarter inch missing from the bottles every once in a while.

I pay so much more attention to my kids than my parents did with me.

paksat

Junior
The true God warned us that the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. A lot of people like to leave that very important distinction out.
often difficult to discern the difference honestly

I wasted a 40 mile drive to a popular bball court to find it roped off with warning signs about covoid, 40 miles back home and 10 bucks in gas down the drain

Yes I was a little hot about wasting money like that, do I love money now? No not in my opinion, I just realize how precious it is in these hard times that even losing such a small amount in such a stupid manner adds up.

Canes Stan

Sophomore
I’m not the friend, btw

For_The_U

All ACC
My father had a nice assortment of liquor. He used to make a variety of cocktails 3 or 4 times a week when he got home. He never noticed the quarter inch missing from the bottles every once in a while.

I pay so much more attention to my kids than my parents did with me.
Always wondered if/when my old man realized his bottle of absolut had magically turned into water.

ThomasM

Senior
Whew, I read it as "His name is MANNY"... I thought, either I need more coffee, or you need fewer drugs.

Maddog71

Freshman
The true God warned us that the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. A lot of people like to leave that very important distinction out.
And exactly whose god is the TRUE god? Would it be a Hindu, A Zoroastrian, A Wiccan? The world today is no more different than it was in ancient times. Many people with many different beliefs.

Maddog71

Freshman
Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers. It tells people to go out and stick their noses in other people's business. I live by the golden rule: Treat others as you'd want them to treat you.
Very True! If every person in the world would just learn to respect others religious beliefs there would be less friction. For instance, there would be less problems in the middle east. When I was young I was taught the golden rule. I have since learned to adhere to a belief that makes more sense for me.."and harm ye NONE, do as ye will".

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
And exactly whose god is the TRUE god? Would it be a Hindu, A Zoroastrian, A Wiccan? The world today is no more different than it was in ancient times. Many people with many different beliefs.
The God of love, who gave his son for our sins.