Preston Dewey - back injury - career over

attawaytogo

Recruit
Word on the street is that Dewey's back needs surgery and his career is over. He will remain in school at UM finish his finance degree.

Evidently he hurt his back in the spring.

Tough break for a great kid.

Good luck, Preston!! Cane for Life!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't use 'tos'. Negs will follow.

Not from me. Just a warning. They'll fall like rain.

Advertisement
Can someone fill me in on this scenario, does dewey get to keep his full ride at miami? can't imagine the school making him pay tuition now that he's injured right?

Can someone fill me in on this scenario, does dewey get to keep his full ride at miami? can't imagine the school making him pay tuition now that he's injured right?

Yes he does, but he does NOT count against the 85 limit.

Advertisement
I would be setting up some sort of free brothel service to guarantee his participation on my intramural team, were I still a student.

Advertisement
I graduated with a finance degree from Miami a few years back and have done pretty well for myself. It's not as glamorous as football or the NFL, but good for him for taking a tough major that won't leave him wanting post-grad. I wish him the best.

Last edited:
Really happy UM isn't dropping his scholarship.

Does anyone know if Witt continued his education after his career ended?

Advertisement
this sucks... tough way to go out....

maybe he can work his way back... no need to call it over it it might not be over --- well see

From the University of Miami...
"Following consultations with doctors in Miami and in Texas, it was determined that I am no longer able to play football because of my back injury. We have scheduled surgery for December and I am looking forward to getting better. I have decided to remain at the University of Miami to complete my education. I would like to thank Coach Golden for the opportunity to be a part of the Hurricanes football program, the future is bright for this team. Obviously this is a very sad time for me, but I will continue to be a supporter of this team and these coaches; and I will be a Hurricane for life."

Advertisement
Back