Preseason Thread/Rankings

What are we thinking? Rosario McFarlane and Garland as the weekend guys? Will Palmquist get a chance? Maybe one of the freshmen for mid week?
I agree with TheRichtShow that Rosario, Palm, and McFarlane seems most likely. I’m still a McFarlane skeptic. I generally prefer a freshman midweek, but Garland would be fine if one doesn’t get established.

Advertisement
I think Rosario and Palmquist are almost locks. Seems like they want McFarlane to be the 3rd guy, but he wasn't consistent in the Fall or today. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being moved to a set up/closer role like Veliz was.

If not McFarlane, one of the freshman might be more likely than Garland. Rafe reportedly looked good today.
I don’t think McFarlane has the stuff to be a late game guy. Let’s hope he finds it and can be our Sunday starter or he’ll be relegated to long relief.

Picked to finish third, behind Georgia Tech and Virginia, in the Coastal

Picked to finish third, behind Georgia Tech and Virginia, in the Coastal
that's fair considering the way we played last year

Advertisement
The weekend scrimmage starters the first two weekends: Rosario, McFarlane, Palm, Garland, Ligon, and Ziehl. Should be four from those six as starters. Seems like Walters and Torres are get head to head opportunities to close scrimmages.

The weekend scrimmage starters the first two weekends: Rosario, McFarlane, Palm, Garland, Ligon, and Ziehl. Should be four from those six as starters. Seems like Walters and Torres are get head to head opportunities to close scrimmages.
Anyone stand out thus far?

Anyone stand out thus far?
Some hearsay from the couple scrimmages I missed, but the two you’d expect: Rosario and Palmquist. Sounds like McFarlane and Garland got knocked around a good bit this weekend. I have a feeling the two freshman will be the other two starters before the end of the year, but I’ve never been a big McFarlane fan.

Some hearsay from the couple scrimmages I missed, but the two you’d expect: Rosario and Palmquist. Sounds like McFarlane and Garland got knocked around a good bit this weekend. I have a feeling the two freshman will be the other two starters before the end of the year, but I’ve never been a big McFarlane fan.
That would be nice IMO. Rosario is not draft eligible this year, is he?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back