Pre-Season Top 25 (Baseball)

TheU1984

All ACC
[FONT=arial, helvetica] Collegiate Baseball Newspaper's[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial, helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]NCAA Div. I Pre-Season Poll (As of Dec. 19, 2011)[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial, helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] www.baseballnews.com[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial, helvetica] Rank School (’11 Final Record)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] Points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 1. Florida (53-19)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 497[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 2. South Carolina (55-14)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 494[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 3. Stanford (35-22)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 490[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 4. North Carolina (51-16)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 488[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 5. Texas (49-19)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 485[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 6. Texas A&M (47-22)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 484[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 7. Rice (42-21)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 482[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 8. Arkansas (40-22)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 479[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 9. Georgia Tech. (42-21)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 476[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 10. Texas Christian (43-19)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 474[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 11. St. John's (36-22)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 470[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 12. Louisiana St. (36-20)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 468[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 13. Florida St. (46-19)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 465[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 14. Miami, Fla. (38-23)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 464[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 15. Louisville (32-29)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 460[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 16. Oklahoma (41-19)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 458[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 17. Arizona St. (43-18)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 457[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 18. Georgia (33-32)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 455[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 19. UCLA (35-24)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 454[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 20. Arizona (39-21)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 452[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 21. Cal. St. Fullerton (41-17)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 449[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 22. California (38-23)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 447[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 23. Vanderbilt (54-12)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 445[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 24. Oregon St. (41-19)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 443[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 25. Clemson (43-20)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 437[/FONT]

Advertisement
Baseball America had a good article on our recruiting class too... it's fairly old, but I will post.

Florida is always good. Miami always gets better recruits then UF but most of our guys end up going pro before they ever step on campus. UF has the 2nd tier elite that are going to go to college for at least a couple years. The gift and curse of Miami baseball.

Advertisement
Per the article, we have 4 of the top 10 committed... but, only something like 10% of top 10 players the last few years have ended up on a college campus. Yes, a gift and a curse.

Per the article, we have 4 of the top 10 committed... but, only something like 10% of top 10 players the last few years have ended up on a college campus. Yes, a gift and a curse.

David Thompson isnt on that list. Add him as well.

Baseball can split schollie money up a bunch of different ways. Uf has some real competitive edges. And they aren't getting second tier talent, though I think what you mean/meant is class for class we have better kids before draft and aftwr they do, right?! I'd agree with that. It seems they are able to get kids looking for that college experience where we are getting alot of kical tyoes who can live at home. I know #3 has taken a lot of heat lately, but its really incredible the job he has done imo.

Advertisement
Looks like a pretty standard list. Not much really changes year-to-year in the preseason rankings from what I can tell. TCU and St. Johns are a surprise to me, but I know TCU had a good run at the end of last year. Always nice to see how the rankings change after a couple weeks of conference play though, that's usually the time when you can tell who's going to be a surprise for the year.

Anyway, based on our recruits, our pitching, and the milk shakes at The Light, I'm stoked for this season!

I'm sure one of the top 10 is Albert Almora. Simply, he won't step ever step foot on campus. He's a sure-fire 1st round pick.

Advertisement
Back