POTUS Trump targets Easter to get back to business

thisu

Recruit
It's like I'm talking to a chimp. I claimed he never said the distorted interpretation of his words that you claimed he did. And I was right and you were wrong....again and again. I'm sorry, I can't dumb it down for you anymore so that you can understand. I'm not even sure if that's really possible at this point to be totally honest. Derp!
Only in your own little fantasy land you were right, Pinocchio. Surely you’re a real boy! Go back and look at your previous comments. You posted several articles you did not even read or comprehend if you did read them. Let’s rehash for the learning impaired... This entire discussion centered around closing schools for the rest of the academic year prematurely, then you post articles where none quoted Fauci saying they should remain closed for the rest of the academic year. I then stated Fauci said to reassess closures and policies after a couple more weeks.. then you claim I was lying and BS, blah, blah blah, asking for a link where Fauci’s comment was quoted , blah,blah blah, more Mongo talk. Then I provide you the link to the article, blowing up your entire argument, embarrassing you on this board, making you the board jester, and then you had several days of deflections unrelated to the topic, and now here we are. Scorecard:

Posted articles by you never stated or implied shutting down schools now for the rest of the year
The article I posted clearly quoted Fauci stating to reassess closures in a couple more weeks.

Destroythyself3000: 0
thisu: 2

As I said, bow out now before you further embarrass yourself, no matter how many consecutive derps you can type.

thisu

Recruit
It's like I'm talking to a chimp. I claimed he never said the distorted interpretation of his words that you claimed he did. And I was right and you were wrong....again and again. I'm sorry, I can't dumb it down for you anymore so that you can understand. I'm not even sure if that's really possible at this point to be totally honest. Derp!
Only in your own little fantasy land you were right, Pinocchio. Surely you’re a real boy! Go back and look at your previous comments. You posted several articles you did not even read or comprehend if you did read them. Let’s rehash for the learning impaired... This entire discussion centered around closing schools for the rest of the academic year prematurely, then you post articles where none quoted Fauci saying they should remain closed for the rest of the academic year. I then stated Fauci said to reassess closures and policies after a couple more weeks.. then you claim I was lying and BS, blah, blah blah, asking for a link where Fauci’s comment was quoted , blah,blah blah, more Mongo talk. Then I provide you the link to the article, blowing up your entire argument, embarrassing you on this board, making you the board jester, and then you had several days of deflections unrelated to the topic, and now here we are.

thisu

Recruit
Derp! No dipshit, again, he said the it would take weeks to assess what effect, if any, the shut down and other precautions are having on the economy. You're too simple to understand that that wasn't in any way an endorsement of Trump's accelerated timeline for reopening the economy, but a statement saying that medical experts needed weeks in order to see if they were making any progress at all. Fauci literally just said last night that now, when the trajectory of the number of confirmed cases and deaths is still accelerating up, is not the time to consider scaling back social distancing efforts. Yet, you think he's in favor of reopening schools and packing kids into close proximity with one another in a couple of weeks? Derp!
Scorecard:

Posted articles by you never stated or implied shutting down schools now for the rest of the year
The article I posted clearly quoted Fauci stating to reassess closures in a couple more weeks.

As I said, bow out now before you further embarrass yourself, no matter how many consecutive derps you can type.

thisu

Recruit
Derp! No dipshit, again, he said the it would take weeks to assess what effect, if any, the shut down and other precautions are having on the economy. You're too simple to understand that that wasn't in any way an endorsement of Trump's accelerated timeline for reopening the economy, but a statement saying that medical experts needed weeks in order to see if they were making any progress at all. Fauci literally just said last night that now, when the trajectory of the number of confirmed cases and deaths is still accelerating up, is not the time to consider scaling back social distancing efforts. Yet, you think he's in favor of reopening schools and packing kids into close proximity with one another in a couple of weeks? Derp!
Scorecard:

Only in your own little fantasy land you were right, Pinocchio. Surely you’re a real boy! Go back and look at your previous comments. You posted several articles you did not even read or comprehend if you did read them. Let’s rehash for the learning impaired... This entire discussion centered around closing schools for the rest of the academic year prematurely, then you post articles where none quoted Fauci saying they should remain closed for the rest of the academic year. I then stated Fauci said to reassess closures and policies after a couple more weeks.. then you claim I was lying and BS, blah, blah blah, asking for a link where Fauci’s comment was quoted , blah,blah blah, more Mongo talk. Then I provide you the link to the article, blowing up your entire argument, embarrassing you on this board, making you the board jester, and then you had several days of deflections unrelated to the topic, and now here we are.
" I then stated Fauci said to reassess closures and policies after a couple more weeks.. " - Dipshit

This is the only thing relevant in any of that drivel you posted above. He didn't say that you friggin moron. That's the whole f-ing point you dummy. He said they needed weeks to asses if their precautions were working NOT weeks to see if they should end the practice of social distancing. Everything he's said recently in interviews runs counter to your idiotic contention that he believes opening up schools at the timeline Trump suggests is anything other than an asinine idea. Jesus f-ing Christ, I want off of your Carousel Of Stupidity!!

Last edited:
Scorecard:

Except....it didn't. Deduct 2 points from your column and put them where it belongs. Derp!

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
The thing I don't get is the "keep it closed" crowd doesn't have any end in mind. Regardless of economic damage, the simple fact is that at some point people are going to get frustrated and go out. Whether its working under the table or social gatherings, nobody is going to stay shut in their house indefinitely.

thisu

Recruit
The thing I don't get is the "keep it closed" crowd doesn't have any end in mind. Regardless of economic damage, the simple fact is that at some point people are going to get frustrated and go out. Whether its working under the table or social gatherings, nobody is going to stay shut in their house indefinitely.
Yep. They are irrational and lack the means to analyze the impact to other areas of the real world outside their safe spaces.

For_The_U

All ACC
The sentiment on the left that the only people who could possibly support Trump are uneducated white trash in trailer parks is one of the reasons he won in 2016. What's mind blowing is how strongly that sentiment remains almost 4 years later.

There are a substantial amount of people on the left who genuinely believe that to be true. That is because those people I'm addressing exist in an echo chamber of groupthink, which lead to a sense of intellectual and moral superiority, a belief that the vast majority of Americans agree with them (which is understandable because it's all they hear; it's confirmed by what they surround themselves with), and then an increasingly strong disdain for the "others" which in their minds logically whittles down how many of those "others" could possibly exist in a society that shares in their line of thinking. The end result is many people (incredibly, many intelligent people) honestly believe that ONLY an ignorant white person could possibly still support Trump today.

Of course, the reality is, that simply not true. And it only takes a quick step outside of that groupthink bubble to come to that realization. A substantial portion of the most educated and successful people I personally know are Trump supporters. They were in 2016 and they remain today. They aren't white trash (two of those I'm referring to aren't even white), they are highly educated, highly successful, good people, they aren't racists, they don't read Breitbart all day long, etc.

That pigeonholed thinking is an extremely dangerous mentality if the left wants to win the White House back.

Last edited:

thisu

Recruit
The sentiment on the left that the only people who could possibly support Trump are uneducated white trash in trailer parks is one of the reasons he won in 2016. What's mind blowing is how strongly that sentiment remains almost 4 years later.

There are a substantial amount of people on the left who genuinely believe that to be true. That is because they exist in an echo chamber of groupthink, which lead to a sense of intellectual and moral superiority, a belief that the vast majority of Americans agree with them (which is understandable because it's all they hear; it's confirmed by what they surround themselves with), and then an increasingly strong disdain for the "others". The end result is many people (incredibly, many intelligent people) honestly believe that ONLY an ignorant white person could possibly still support Trump today.

The reality is, it is simply not true. A substantial portion of the most educated and successful people I personally know are Trump supporters. They were in 2016 and they remain today. They aren't white trash (two of those I'm referring to aren't even white), they are highly educated, highly successful, good people, they aren't racists, they don't read Breitbart all day long, etc.

That pigeonholed thinking is an extremely dangerous mentality if the left wants to win the White House back.
Yep. Sheep.

thisu

Recruit
" I then stated Fauci said to reassess closures and policies after a couple more weeks.. " - Dipshit

This is the only thing relevant in any of that drivel you posted above. He didn't say that you friggin moron. That's the whole f-ing point you dummy. He said they needed weeks to asses if their precautions were working NOT weeks to see if they should end the practice of social distancing. Everything he's said recently in interviews runs counter to your idiotic contention that he believes opening up schools at the timeline Trump suggests is anything other than an asinine idea. Jesus f-ing Christ, I want off of your Carousel Of Stupidity!!
Interesting how your buddy Cuomo is now saying keeping everyone home together is not a good strategy. He even said young healthy people need to get back to work soon. He is developing the “get back to work“ strategy for NY now.

I’ll accept your apology, but you seem the type that has little integrity to admit being wrong, as you have already shown in this thread. No need to reply, we know your TDS doesn’t allow you to have rational discussions.

surfcane

Redshirt Freshman
Interesting how your buddy Cuomo is now saying keeping everyone home together is not a good strategy. He even said young healthy people need to get back to work soon. He is developing the “get back to work“ strategy for NY now.

I’ll accept your apology, but you seem the type that has little integrity to admit being wrong, as you have already shown in this thread. No need to reply, we know your TDS doesn’t allow you to have rational discussions.
From the UK
AD433BEC-E567-4050-80D9-48C316D7FF41.png

RVACane

“This space available”
At 112,000 we're now 20k over the next country in recorded cases.

1,100 additional people have died since Tuesday.
Objectively, how long do we need a shut down for and do you see it being less restrictive in certain parts of the country?

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Staff member
Objectively, how long do we need a shut down for and do you see it being less restrictive in certain parts of the country?
I don't know ****, but I'm preparing myself for this **** to keep going through at least the end of the year

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Staff member
It’ll destroy the economy if that’s the case.
Should say I'm mentally preparing myself, I'm not hoarding toilet paper. But yea it will. My brother in law just got laid off. He's an electrician that works mostly in fire alarms for alot of federal buildings in the DC area. I had to help him fill out the unemployment paperwork. It sucks.