POTUS Trump targets Easter to get back to business

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
As long as the policy at both the state and federal level is that almost everything must close until there are no more covid-19 cases, Easter is a huge long shot.

The number of cases is going to explode in April because we'll finally have widespread testing.

IMO this country desperately needs a long-term, national plan. You can't keep the economy shut down for more than a couple months more, otherwise you'll have unemployment rates at Great Depression levels. Public health and government officials need to find a way to minimize covid-19 risk within the context of a functioning society. Because waiting until there's a vaccine like many doctors want to do will cause complete economic collapse (and many more deaths than covid-19 alone ever could).

For_The_U

All ACC
As long as the policy at both the state and federal level is that almost everything must close until there are no more covid-19 cases, Easter is a huge long shot.

The number of cases is going to explode in April because we'll finally have widespread testing.

IMO this country desperately needs a long-term, national plan. You can't keep the economy shut down for more than a couple months more, otherwise you'll have unemployment rates at Great Depression levels. Public health and government officials need to find a way to minimize covid-19 risk within the context of a functioning society. Because waiting until there's a vaccine like many doctors want to do will cause complete economic collapse (and many more deaths than covid-19 alone ever could).
I would submit there is no way we can keep the country locked down for even a couple of months.

MainLineCane

No More Excuses
Since so many feel its a political issue.....Why not open it up tomorrow?? Why wait till Easter??

Always love it when non-experts try to guide or lead.....and always have a chuckle when the loud & unknowing are listened to....I'll continue to filter my news and only listen to those ( in the field, with actual data and research) that actually know..

So...best of luck to ya, I wish everyone well

YES let's make it a manhood issue and see who can stand outside naked in the cold rain the longests, endure the most coughs or sneezes without flinching, or kiss the most Ebola patients!!! ....Yeah you tough guys Fight!! Fight!!!Fight!!!! ...knock yourselves out, have at it!!

As for me, I'm staying inside and listening to the CDC and scientists.....and will gladly watch from afar, as you pretend that this is nothing

Last edited:

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
I would submit there is no way we can keep the country locked down for even a couple of months.
Agree, at least not without basically a massive, multi-trillion dollar stimulus every month.

Covid-19 is a huge health crisis, but there have to be other voices than public health officials and doctors (people who have guaranteed incomes in this crisis) in decision-making.

Something like 70% of this country lives paycheck to paycheck. I'm not really much of a Trump supporter but I agree with him that we can't let the cure be worse than the sickness. I really, really hope there is some kind of plan at both the state and federal level. Because the human cost of a long-term shutdown will dwarf the benefits of slowing down the rate of covid-19 spread

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
Well, I was going to vote ABC even though I don't agree with him on X, Y, and Z, but he ______ so I'm going to vote for the guy whom I disagree with everything on.

Agree, at least not without basically a massive, multi-trillion dollar stimulus every month.
This is not possible to maintain. In fact don’t expect anything more than the bill currently being passed. The money just isn’t there.

At some point I don’t know if it’s mid April or later, we’re gonna have to look at the data and see what the best way to proceed is, but I can guarantee you this will not last much past that. Quarantine through May or June even? I don’t know I’m just not seeing it

Hope and change! Derp! Derp!
Lol, says the rube who voted for the 6-time bankrupted, reality tv show host and well known con-man. A man who stole so much money from American banks that they refused to lend to him anymore he had to run to Russia for funding. Lmao..

Derp! Derp!

"I wAnT HiM tO rUN dA cOuNTrY LiKe hE rAN hiS bUSiNeSs!"

Derp! Derp!

Well, he just got knocked out by me, so that streak just ended, if real.
Lol, you must have be wearing your Shallow Hal glasses when you look back on your performance in this thread. More like you knocked yourself out repeatedly with a ton of missed upercuts. Lol

Hahha! “simp“ from the person scared and scurrying to get to his keyboard from his safe space to tell everyone they should stay home and not work or go to School.
And you're probably one of those old, patriotic grandpa's ready to answer the call and put your life on the line for Trump's economy. Lol. What a fvckin hero..

You better be careful. If that is who I think it is, and I'm damn sure it is, he has never lost a fight. Well, according to him. But then again, that's what all guys who are 5'7, 120 pounds, claim on the Internet.
Uh oh. The ol' "He's smaller than he says he is on the internet" haymaker...

Look out!!

I bet you ate up Obama's "hope and change".....
Yeah, the hope and change that left Trump the strong economy his been piggybacking on throughout his Presidency. I certainly did love it.
Your post is quite ironic, however, since you now appear to be the one clinging to "optimism and hope". Only difference is you're looking to a mismanaging con-man to provide it to you. Lol

Dr.L.ThugU

Ecush is Pete Buttigieg
Lol, says the rube who voted for the 6-time bankrupted, reality tv show host and well known con-man. A man who stole so much money from American banks that they refused to lend to him anymore he had to run to Russia for funding. Lmao..

Derp! Derp!

"I wAnT HiM tO rUN dA cOuNTrY LiKe hE rAN hiS bUSiNeSs!"

Derp! Derp!
Lol, you must have be wearing your Shallow Hal glasses when you look back on your performance in this thread. More like you knocked yourself out repeatedly with a ton of missed upercuts. Lol
And you're probably one of those old, patriotic grandpa's ready to answer the call and put your life on the line for Trump's economy. Lol. What a fvckin hero..
Uh oh. The ol' "He's smaller than he says he is on the internet" haymaker...

Look out!!
Yeah, the hope and change that left Trump the strong economy his been piggybacking on throughout his Presidency. I certainly did love it.
Your post is quite ironic, however, since you now appear to be the one clinging to "optimism and hope". Only difference is you're looking to a mismanaging con-man to provide it to you. Lol

thisu

Recruit
You mean missed facts by you, claiming Fauci never said to reassess in a few weeks... then I provided a link... then..... OVA,

You mean missed facts by you, claiming Fauci never said to reassess in a few weeks... then I provided a link... then..... OVA,
Derp! No dipshit, again, he said the it would take weeks to assess what effect, if any, the shut down and other precautions are having on the economy. You're too simple to understand that that wasn't in any way an endorsement of Trump's accelerated timeline for reopening the economy, but a statement saying that medical experts needed weeks in order to see if they were making any progress at all. Fauci literally just said last night that now, when the trajectory of the number of confirmed cases and deaths is still accelerating up, is not the time to consider scaling back social distancing efforts. Yet, you think he's in favor of reopening schools and packing kids into close proximity with one another in a couple of weeks? Derp!

thisu

Recruit
Derp! No dipshit, again, he said the it would take weeks to assess what effect, if any, the shut down and other precautions are having on the economy. You're too simple to understand that that wasn't in any way an endorsement of Trump's accelerated timeline for reopening the economy, but a statement saying that medical experts needed weeks in order to see if they were making any progress at all. Fauci literally just said last night that now, when the trajectory of the number of confirmed cases and deaths is still accelerating up, is not the time to consider scaling back social distancing efforts. Yet, you think he's in favor of reopening schools and packing kids into close proximity with one another in a couple of weeks? Derp!
Another deflection after getting knocked out. You claimed he Never said it. I provided you these facts. Now you are moving the goal posts with more recent information rather than what we were discussing a few days ago. Is your name CDWrong on another Canes site? Always wrong. Derp!

another deflection. You claimed he Never said it. I provided you these facts. Is your name CDWrong on another site? Always wrong.
It's like I'm talking to a chimp. I claimed he never said the distorted interpretation of his words that you claimed he did. And I was right and you were wrong....again and again. I'm sorry, I can't dumb it down for you anymore so that you can understand. I'm not even sure if that's really possible at this point to be totally honest. Derp!