Poor Talent, Youth, and TERRIBLE Scheme

mydas77

Sophomore
That is the recipe for the worst D in college football. Don't for one second try to diminish the role the DC and scheme has in this.

His job is to field the best possible defense with the players he has got. He is not getting the job done. Period.

This guy had plenty of talent last year and the defense was still awful. There are other DCs and schemes out there that would be getting better results with the defensive personnel we have. There is no convincing me otherwise.

Now on to the OC

I have been preaching this for weeks now....he is the biggest problem we have with respect to running the ball. He simply is not committed to it. ND found ways to run the ball out of the spread. He just does not call enough running plays. I don't see the package of running plays out of the gun. The base set of plays that we build off of. He is all over the place. Our problems on D are magnified by his style of offense which is boom or bust. There is no possession of the ball ever. Our Oline was good enough last night to run the ball. They were protecting well in the first quarter and was winning the line of scrimmage in the running game. There is nothing wrong with a 3 yard gain, followed by a 2 yard gain via the run. Third and 5 is better than 3rd and 8 or 9. Give the oline a chance to establish itself.

We will not win many more games with this poor fit of schemes, strategy and personnel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think the defense was awful last year. Average I agree with. We gave up 150 yards less a game last year compared to this year and were top 20 in scoring defense. I would kill for those type of numbers this year.

He's not adjusting his scheme to the players. Yeah we lack talent and experience but **** at least make an effort to adjust. If you giving up 500+ yards a game being conservative, why not just play balls to the wall defense at least the possibilities of turnovers and big plays increase on the defensive side. Yea I understand we want to play bend but don't break D but guess wat that keeps the D on the field longer and the offensive off the field less which in our case is a bad thing. If you want any unit on the field longer than your opponents its your offense. **** as bad as Baylor is on D they asses blitz and don't sit back and get picked apart, they take chances sometime it works sometime it doesn't but they just not out there playing conservative defense.

I don't think the defense was awful last year. Average I agree with. We gave up 150 yards less a game last year compared to this year and were top 20 in scoring defense. I would kill for those type of numbers this year.

My problem is him fielding a mediocre d when he has NFL talents like Spence and OV. Which kid in two years has benefited from his scheme. Whose skills has he showcased or enhanced. So far...no one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back