Place Kicker

4everlost

Banned
Banned
The Canes have only one kicker on the roster. Is this usually par for the course for Power 5 teams? Who do we turn to if Bubba gets injured?

Advertisement
Advertisement

This is kind of a dumb thread, but I'm a fan of our backup kicker Camden Price. God forbid Bubba has a bad year kicking, but if he does, Camden Price is for real. He kicked and punted in high school, and although he does not have a huge leg but he has enough leg and good enough control to hit from about 50, and given our kickoff struggles last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him trot out there a few times this year.

If you wanna be neurotic with special teams, worry about our Patke as the coordinator. But I have a lot of faith that Bubba will improve this year, Hedley makes a difference for us and if there's a freak injury, Price can take care of business.

Advertisement
Many schools only have one scholarship kicker supplemented by walkons. Occasionally you see a team recruit kickers when the current kicker is a junior so they dont have to go into a season with a wide eyed green freshman.

Advertisement
I asked around....

several CIS posters and hundreds in the student body claim that they can easily split the uprights from incredible distances

So I think we have plenty of potential backups

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back